Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, if you can charge your Touchpad in it's case (it seems to be a popular question), can you please post here and let us know what case you bought? Whether it was made for the Touchpad or an ipad or whatever, please let us know!
    I've got this case from Amazon. It's well made, fits snugly and allows charging with the Touchstone.

Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buggerme2 View Post
    I've got this case from Amazon. It's well made, fits snugly and allows charging with the Touchstone.

Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics
    $50 seem pretty steep for the case. can you post pictures of it.

I have 2 orders in and both of them have been said to work with the Touchstone

1. Targus Truss Case (buy.com) but its on backorder.
    2. Poetic Case from Amazon, will be on sale on Sept 6th will post up info about those 2 when I receive.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I know the title indicates cases that DO work, but just to let you guys know. I have the Poetic case stand that rotates. It also unbuttons so you can put it on the charger. BE WARNED! I woke up this morning and the my Touchstone has an imprint of the button because it became so heated. I am not too happy!

Charging with the full on seems to be a hit or miss. I would charge for a few mins then stop. One would have to perfectly set it and even then it would be cumbersome to constantly try to find the sweet spot!

I would love to hear others who purchased cases that work on the Touchstone that are happy. Please let me know.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I have the standard case that was built for the TouchPad. For a short while they were at half price. Don't know if it is the same Targus case you are looking at but HP is selling it now for $38.39. It doesn't say if it works on TouchPad so can't help you there, but you may want to check it out. Says it is in stock.

Targus THZ021US Z-Case for Tablet | HP® Official Store
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    Do you have a Touchstone? If so, does it recognize and charge with the case on?
    Avoid cases with metal in them - inductive charging coils and steel don't play well together!

I have an HP official case, and it charges fine. I also have a generic leather case, and also works fine - just has to be adjusted correctly to keep from slipping off.
    I have the Verizon folio case (888-0002). It works great with the Touchstone. Works especially well mounted such that the speakers are next to the hinge, not pointed out. Excellent quality!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsp79 View Post
    I know the title indicates cases that DO work, but just to let you guys know. I have the Poetic case stand that rotates. It also unbuttons so you can put it on the charger. BE WARNED! I woke up this morning and the my Touchstone has an imprint of the button because it became so heated. I am not too happy!

Charging with the full on seems to be a hit or miss. I would charge for a few mins then stop. One would have to perfectly set it and even then it would be cumbersome to constantly try to find the sweet spot!

I would love to hear others who purchased cases that work on the Touchstone that are happy. Please let me know.
    Someone who didn't read my warning of last week

I took the metal stud off the inner part of my case and use it on it's own now, good protection, charges well on the Touchstone and I can still put it all together for travelling. No need of the full case as a stand anyway now as the Touchstone does it.
    I got this case - LuvTab BLACK HP Touchpad Tablet Genius Multi Angle Stand / Typing Case - Fits all versions / models - Compatible with Touchstone Charging Dock: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories and it works perfectly well on the TouchStone.

It's really comfortable to hold and it fits the TP perfectly.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    I got this case - LuvTab BLACK HP Touchpad Tablet Genius Multi Angle Stand / Typing Case - Fits all versions / models - Compatible with Touchstone Charging Dock: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories and it works perfectly well on the TouchStone.

It's really comfortable to hold and it fits the TP perfectly.
    AND, it is a great price! About 15 Euros
    rtrain likes this.
    I have the same case and a Touchstone and yes it does recognize and charge with the case on.
    I do have a touchstone and I leave the case on. It can charge the in portrait or in landscape. But in portrait, it will be slightly tilted since it will sit on one of the tabs the hold the TP. But if you put it in landscape with the clasp on top, it will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    But in portrait, it will be slightly tilted since it will sit on one of the tabs the hold the TP.
    This is my experience, too.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Someone who didn't read my warning of last week

I took the metal stud off the inner part of my case and use it on it's own now, good protection, charges well on the Touchstone and I can still put it all together for travelling. No need of the full case as a stand anyway now as the Touchstone does it.
    It must have been on another post. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Avoid cases with metal in them - inductive charging coils and steel don't play well together!

I have an HP official case, and it charges fine. I also have a generic leather case, and also works fine - just has to be adjusted correctly to keep from slipping off.
    oh that must be why the hp case doesn't have anything to keep it closed. I've a casecrown ipad 1 case that fits the touchpad perfectly and doubles as a stand and it has a magnetic closing mechanism which is of course metal. It was $5 on amazon. search case crown carbon fiber. but i guess i won't be wasting money on a touchstone
    PDAir, probably the best case we will be able to get:
    PDair HP TouchPad Leather Case - Book Type (Black) Ver. 1

Warning: expensive one
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    PDAir, probably the best case we will be able to get:
    PDair HP TouchPad Leather Case - Book Type (Black) Ver. 1

Warning: expensive one
    That is not expensive. That is RIDICULOUS!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast