Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Bundle 360 Degree ROTATING Case Cover & Dock (Copper) + (Matte) Anti-Glare Screen Protector. Two Cases in One. Detachable, Suede Interior & Multi-Angle Adjustable Stand for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch Wi-Fi Tablet PC + Bonus Stylus b

So I was scowering Amazon.com shortly after getting my Touchpad because I wanted something that was functional and easy to use, and I somehow found Aurum Enterprises make a case/dock set similar to cases like Tar2gus with a stand, but the only difference is the case detaches from the stand and is like a 2-in-1 type setup, very cool. I'm going to break this review into different parts like Build, Function, Looks, and whatever pops into my head while I write this out. Look below for detailed pictures also

BUILD:
    The quality of the this case/stand isn't really the best. It is made of real leather, but what it's wrapped around is a bit stronger than cardboard, but not bad enough to where I'm not scared to throw it in my book bag for travel. the stitching is good in some parts, but bad in others, like where the flap folds over to hold the Touchpad in the case isn't very good, but the stitching around the edges are well done, so it's hit and miss.. The Velcro strap that holds the Touchpad in place in the case is a good edition, but you have to make sure it's tight when you tuck it under the pad, or the pad will slide around in the case, which is annoying a bit, but nothing big. The inside of the case is not wrapped with anything soft, just the leather that is on the outside, so I don't know if it will scratch the back of the Touchpad or not, but I'm assuming it would after prolonged use. The company even took into thought the swipe up gesture some of you guys use (I'm a button user, sorry fellas, lol) to turn the current window into a card, which is nice because most cases didn't take this into consideration when creating their cases. The snap was a worry for me when I first purchased it but after playing with it for awhile, it seemed to stand up to the abuse, but we'll see after a few days/weeks/months how it stands up to constant unbuckling. The stand is pretty well built and the company did very well with the design of the grooves in the stand and with the case.. They made the case with just enough lip to hold itself in place on the grooves in the stand, so I'm impressed with that also.

FUNCTION:
    Functionality.. Well, it works exactly like it's described. It is a case/stand combo that can separate from each other. There are gaps where they need to be on the case in perfect spots for the speakers, camera, Now the biggest thing with cases people have been asking is "Does it work with the Touchstone Charger" well I'm here to tell you that it does work with charger BUT (and this is a big BUT) the built-in-snap comes in contact with the back of the Touchstone and conducts a TON of heat (metal to electrical current is not a good thing) and I would be worried it would catch the case on fire.. So no go with using the case and Touchstone together, oh well. The viewing angles from the case/stand are wonderful in all six positions (three for portrait, three for landscape) and it works well. Like I noted before, the case can snap in and out of the stand, which is a real cool feature that I haven't seen before and works very well, but like I said in the build section, we'll see how it holds up to continuous use.

LOOKS: This case/stand looks REAL nice.. Real leather, nice color (I picked Brown, they also have it in Black) and looks very professional and the it looks close to hand built, which is nice.

So in conclusion, I'm very happy with the quality of this product and think it will serve my needs well with protecting my Touchpad. If I had to give this thing a rating, I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars, because there are some minor flaws, but it's not enough to deter me from recommending it.

VIDEOS:

How easy the case/stand rotate separately from each other:

How the swipe gesture is used with the case on:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    how about swiping in portrait mode? Or swiping in general
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I apologize I thought I said something about it.. It works great actually in both portrait and landscape mode. You can see me using the swipe gesture in the 2nd video at the end of the review.
    I like this one. I may have to get one.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    I received mine today, i bought the black version of it...It is a great case and feel nice and sturdy...Only draw back is that there are no cut out for the gesture area when you have then touchpad horizontal. Easy fix however if you just make a cut yourself...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Really? I had no problems with the swipe gesture in the horizontal position, you have to remember that you don't need to touch the outer black part of screen to activate it. It's just like a 1 pixel area on the touchscreen that activates it.
    Got one for 13.99. Just under 18 with shipping and handling.
    crap this case is now $39.95. Guess they saw the spike in demand.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I paid 40 for it on pre-order, you can buy a different version from them (without the anti-glare screen) for less.
    Presmurf, where did you get one for 13.99 at? thanks LB
    I got this case in black - it looks nice although bulkier than the general iPad/Samsung ones!

I'm most worried about the metal button at the back applying pressure to the unit.

Has it caused anyone trouble lately, ie: has it scratched or cracked[!] anyone's back yet?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    How is the ambient light sensor? I went with an acase transformer and it's absolutely perfect except the light sensor. Both cases are about the same thickness and it looks like they just punched a hole in the right spot, if it works well recessed in the hole on your case I'll try it on the Acase.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    eBay has a lot of these for about $15. Some sellers there state they can't be used with the touchstone due to the snap.

Are there any OTHER cases that allow the TP to be propped up in the vertical position? I'm hesitant about this design - like someone above mentioned, the hard metal snap seems like a disaster waiting to happen should the TP get compressed too much, like in a backpack or sandwiched in a laptop bag...
    It's 11.95 now, without the stylus and screen protector. Here's the link.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Ambient light sensor is fine.

I can't see any other cases that allow vertical position. This product would have been perfect if they just copied the Targus iPad version, so instead of a metal button/stub it's just a plain sowed leather rotating joint! Problem with the Targus is that it's hard moulded to shape the iPad and I believe the Touchpad is too fat.

A week after owning the case, - thankfully there's no circular dent. However there is a scratch on the Touchpad side where the enclosure flap holds it in- I think the material is too rough on the insides and needs softer material for padding...
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Thanks Dan, time to play with a drill
    I've found all the notebook style cases work as a vertical stand, just prop it up like a big picture book bent backwards. Let me know if my description sucked and I'll post a pic.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"