1.    #1  
    My first thread so be easy on me.

I have two of the verizon iPad sleeves and they are not bad, but i wanted something that can protect my $100 TP when in use. Found the griffin folio online at verizon for $10 + free shipping. Ordered it for the hell of it, and I'm sure glad i did.

Fit - 9/10 - its made for an iPad, but it fits really well for the TP. The camera hole sometimes doesn't line up, but i really have only used the camera a few times via skype.

The back has two tabs to slid the cover into for sloped orientation for typing or stand up for watching videos

But speakers are exposed mostly. Charge port, volume, and headphone are fully exposed. The power button is partially covered.

Construction - 10/10 - very solid case, the TP has no real risk of falling out. Once open you tuck your TP inside and close it with a long flap.

Cost - 10/10 - I bought it at $10, its not $5. Going to order another one for my 2nd TP that should be shipping from HP SB.

Here are some pics...

--Simon
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    how is the swiping in this case, looks poor to me
  3.    #3  
    swiping - 6/10 - In landscape mode you have to use the home button and then swipe up/down. In portrait swiping is fine with the little space thats provided by the cutout.

I just use the home button, as a habit so it doesn't really bother me.
    --Simon
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    just ordered 2 from vzw.com for 5 each
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwil85 View Post
    just ordered 2 from vzw.com for 5 each
    Any chance of a direct link? Cant seem to find them on verizons site
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benn00 View Post
    Any chance of a direct link? Cant seem to find them on verizons site
    click the link in the first post, plug in your zip, then it should take you to the iPad accessories page..griffin folio - 4.99

Verizon: Griffin Folio case for iPad 1 (and apparently fits Touchpad) $4.97 shipped
    just received mine.
    pretty good but the camera cutout is slightly off.
    when you wipe, you do not have to start from or end at the frame. All you need to do is start from or end at the edge of the screen. In the case, swipe works fine in either orientation.

overall, pretty good.
    I would give this case a solid 9.5 out of 10. The only flaw (in my eyes) is that the camera cut out is a bit off. But other than that the case looks and feels great. And gestures work completely fine. There's like half a centimeter between the case and the screen, not that it matters, because swiping to bring up cards works based on the edge of the screen and not the bezel. I freaking love this case and it was a total steal for $5!
    Glad I saw this post. I have a white 64GB Touch Pad, but I don't want a black case because the dye/color will leach into my TP. (Found that out with my white Flip.) Did a search for the Griffin folio for iPad and found a leather Griffin case in ecru, which I hope will work nicely. Thanks for the Griffin recommendation. (Hated the HP case!)