Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That makes my Black and Decker power brick look like a toy (assuming it still holds a charge). With mine I have to plug the wall charger into it as the USB ports are limited to 500ma. Don't like carrying the charger too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I want a PowerBag so bad.
    I'd love me a powerbag too. Just wish they had more styles & colors available. So for now, the external charger in the backpack of my choice will do nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    I have two of these from new trent. it charges both my Pre3 and my Touchpad simultaneously, which is glorious. Made my own powerbag (kinda sorta). $46/ea with free shipping at buy.com

Buy.com - New Trent Arcadia Pack IMP70D 7000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad2, iPad, iPhone 4G, 3Gs 3G , iPod Touch 4G, Motorola Droid, HTC Android Phones, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung EPIC, Nintendo, Sony PSP
    If you don't mind me asking it appears that one of these charges both of your devices (Pre3 & TP) at the same time, so why did you buy two? If you needed more juice, any particular reason why you didn't buy something with a bigger battery (more than 7,000 mAh)?

Lastly, someone else reported going "from 6% -> 100% in 8 hours with about 29% left in the tank" on their TP with the Incredicharge with 11,000mAh. What has been your experience with a charge that low? Where you able to go all the way to a full charge, even with a battery of only 7,000mAh? Any juice left in the New Trent product?

Thanks in advance!!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    If you don't mind me asking it appears that one of these charges both of your devices (Pre3 & TP) at the same time, so why did you buy two? If you needed more juice, any particular reason why you didn't buy something with a bigger battery (more than 7,000 mAh)?

Lastly, someone else reported going "from 6% -> 100% in 8 hours with about 29% left in the tank" on their TP with the Incredicharge with 11,000mAh. What has been your experience with a charge that low? Where you able to go all the way to a full charge, even with a battery of only 7,000mAh? Any juice left in the New Trent product?

Thanks in advance!!
    Yes, it charges both devices at the same time. The second one is for the girlfriend hehe. Can't treat yourself without taking care of your beloved, right?

So far, no issues like you've described for the Incredicharge. I will admit that I personally have yet to fully run it through it's paces. Meaning, charging both the Pre3 and TPad together to see how it performs. I'll make a point to do it this weekend and report back. Otherwise, it's perfect.

Before I bought these, I did my homework and contacted the Mfr directly. Mind you, this was prior to HP (Leo) axing the touchpad and any hope for new phones or hardware. New Trent's site even had placemarkers for HP tablets, so I specifically asked if it had the proper amps (2amp) to handle the TPad, which it does. In fact, this model is an upgrade to an older model (ACD66) which is no longer available. So, short story excruciatingly longer, according to their rep the specs are perfect for the Tpad and the Pre3. Especially while I'm on a plane or airport.

I'll let you know how my test goes.

And by 'test' I mean charging both when they're nearly fully drained..
    Last edited by cujoq37; 03/29/2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    So, I'm finally back to review the New Trent Arcadia Pack 7000mAh External Battery pack (IMP70D). Sorry for the lazy delay.

So, It does what it's supposed to do which is charge both my Pre3 and my Touchpad simultaneously. There's two separate USB ports. One specifically for a tablet only and the other for a smartphone only.

I let both devices drop below 10% remaining charge for my tests. You use your own mfr-supplied USB cables for each device, of course and here's what I found:

For the touchpad, the charge is admittedly on the slower side. I've gone back and forth with the New Trent customer service reps about the amps it puts out for the Touchpad but they swear it's sufficient. Charging a near-depleted TPad alone took approx 3hrs (without the Pre3 plugged in as well). I liken it to charging the Touchpad through your desktop or laptop's USB ports. Meaning, It gives you the standard on-screen charge heads-up message, but it still sufficient current to charge or top it off albeit slower than AC means. Once charged, the LED display on the battery indicated about 1/3 charge remaining.

For the Pre3, I found it to be very fast and and still had enough juice to charge it another couple-few times without recharging the pack itself. Nice!

Charging the Touchpad and Pre3 together, the Touchpad took much much longer as one would expect. This time it took over 4+ hours to finally reach 100%. The Pre3, however, was still very fast to re-up.

Charging the pack itself from near empty takes about as long as charging a nearly empty touchpad (via AC means, that is).

So to sum up,... it's a nice, convenient little traveling companion. Ideal for the long layovers in airport terminals or long flights. I throw it in my backpack/carry-on and use it as my own bootleg version of a Powerbag (TM). Good for quick topping off, which we all have adapted to doing as smartphone and mobile techies, right?

The current price of approx $46 (US) ain't bad at all, and I've seen it dip to as low as $36 at times. So there you have it.

Enjoy! Long live webOS!

JQ
    TouchPad charging from empty to full via USB cable to a 500mAh usb port takes on the order of 8 hrs or so, so sounds like you're getting at least 1A or so out of it. You could run Govnah or Dr. Battery and see what you're actually getting.

I didn't even know of this product. Sounds interesting, mgiht have to look for one. Especially now that I've discovered I can drop my Pre3 to 120MHz and run it for about 5 hrs as a tether.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12