1. JLH
    Ipad screen protectors are dirt cheap compared to Touchpad ones. For modding, other than the corners and the camera cutout anything else on the screen protector I should be thinking about before purchasing an Ipad one?

The corners: I will just use a trace pattern to round it out due to the Touchpad's round edges over Ipad's square edges.

The camera cutout: Ya'll think a hole puncher would work or is there a better solution?

Thanks!!
    I gladly update this thread with the process/tools if the corners and the camera mods are the only things I need to worry about.
    I wouldn't worry about making a hole for the camera, but that's just me. If the screen protector doesn't hinder your screens visibility, it shouldnt do it to the camera either I'd think.
    I definitely wouldn't use a a hole punch, and if you're going to cut it use SHARP scissors. A whole punch or dull pair of scissors is going to bend the protector a tiny bit. The only thing worse than a protector with dirt under is a bent protector because WILL NOT stick down to the screen. If you plan on cutting it at all I would definitely recommend a soft protector like the Zagg or BodyShieldz type. But cutting any type of hard protector is very difficult without getting the tiny bends I'm referring to.
    Don't you need a cut out for the home button too, or not going that far down?
  5. JLH
    I definitely wouldn't use a a hole punch, and if you're going to cut it use SHARP scissors. A whole punch or dull pair of scissors is going to bend the protector a tiny bit. The only thing worse than a protector with dirt under is a bent protector because WILL NOT stick down to the screen. If you plan on cutting it at all I would definitely recommend a soft protector like the Zagg or BodyShieldz type. But cutting any type of hard protector is very difficult without getting the tiny bends I'm referring to.
    Good advice. Will try with sharp scissors then.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Don't you need a cut out for the home button too, or not going that far down?
    Forgot about that. I guess will try making the home button cutout bigger since ipad (circle) over touchpad (horizontal rounded rectangle).

So camera, corners, and home button. I will begin the mini project soon.
    Possible. I did just that. Too lazy to order on ebay so since i worked at electronic store I just bought it there and cut out to shape. It was pretty easy.

Ps. I even bought an Ipad 2 case. Fits PERFECTLY
    ^ any issues with fitment in regards to buttons for the screen protector??
    Writing a review as we speak =)
    Why bother modding an iPad protector when a custom fit TouchPad protector can be had so cheap on eBay? I purchased 3 for a total of $10 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlsmn View Post
    Why bother modding an iPad protector when a custom fit TouchPad protector can be had so cheap on eBay? I purchased 3 for a total of $10 shipped.
    From where did you buy this? Can you provide a link? Thanks.
    iPad screen protectors work fine, they just need a little trim from one side, about 3-4mm and cutting around the home button, will post up pics tomorrow hopefully
    I bought an iPad screen protector, too. I trimmed around the short edge on the camera side and trimmed the corners with scissors and it worked fine. I didn't have to trim around the home button - worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    From where did you buy this? Can you provide a link? Thanks.
    go to ebay
    type touchpad screen protector
    click on buy it now
    prices start at 3 for $7 shipped