Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    For those that purchased the Touchstone for the HP Touchpad: Was it worth the $40 or so you spent or do you think it isn't worth it? I'm debating on picking it up for $45, but not sure if it's really worth spending so much on basically a charger. It would be nice to have, but not sure if it'll be worth that much...Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    For those that purchased the Touchstone for the HP Touchpad: Was it worth the $40 or so you spent or do you think it isn't worth it? I'm debating on picking it up for $45, but not sure if it's really worth spending so much on basically a charger. It would be nice to have, but not sure if it'll be worth that much...Thoughts?
    I think it is well worth it. The ability to just prop your TP on the touchstone and not fish for that mini usb wire on your desk, nightstand, etc... is a god send. And besides, for me, I hate using that mini usb. It feels so sharp and I actually have to pay attention when inserting or I am missing the hole (wow I sound perverted) and that can lead to scratching up the sides of the port.

Good feature is the exhibition mode- good for time, alarm clock, FB, and others. So I would say yes at the current price and design. Hesitant purchase at the original MSRP of $79.99 because of the design where the usb cable is non-removable. So definitely good buy at the current discounted price.

Go for it, if you are asking about it, most likely it is of your interest and I know you will enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jm821 View Post
    I think it is well worth it. The ability to just prop your TP on the touchstone and not fish for that mini usb wire on your desk, nightstand, etc... is a god send. And besides, for me, I hate using that mini usb. It feels so sharp and I actually have to pay attention when inserting or I am missing the hole (wow I sound perverted) and that can lead to scratching up the sides of the port.

Good feature is the exhibition mode- good for time, alarm clock, FB, and others. So I would say yes at the current price and design. Hesitant purchase at the original MSRP of $79.99 because of the design where the usb cable is non-removable. So definitely good buy at the current discounted price.

Go for it, if you are asking about it, most likely it is of your interest and I know you will enjoy it.
    I agree, using the micro-usb charger is annoying and feels like it may break in the future.. I received the touchstone at the same time as my touchpad and have only used the USB charger once while watching a movie on my bed.. It's also nice knowing that you don't have to worry about ripping a cord out while carrying your touchpad away.
    Yes. I have two.. one at work, one at home. Paid full price.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I also have one at work and one at home. Paid $55 for one and $40 for the other. It is well worth the price!
    thanks guys for making me spend more money on this touchpad just on accessories
    Definitely worth it, Nuff said......
    Quote Originally Posted by troublekid View Post
    Definitely worth it, Nuff said......
    What he said.
    bought a 2nd before I knew the wife was getting her TP. With the back in stock @ HP, bought a 3rd, should have bought a 4th, but don't have an excuse to have 4 with only 3 TPs and the great battery life we get.

For 2 phones, we have 7 phone touchstones though
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The "Touchstone experience" is well worth it.
    Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?!

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks guys,

I caved and bought one today with HP's 25% off. My wife will kill me for spending $45 on a charger/stand =P
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    The "Touchstone experience" is well worth it.
    Concur 100%! I need to get another one.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I guess I will add another perspective here. It's a nice gadget but I think the people that say it's worth the price already own it and most people that buy something want to talk about how good it is and what a great purchase decision they made. I think it's unecessary and too expensive for what it does. At $20-$25 it's worth buying, but not for $40+. When it shows up on woot at a discounted price in the $20 range I might pick one up.
    Thanks guys,

I caved and bought one today with HP's 25% off. My wife will kill me for spending $45 on a charger/stand =P
    Yeah I didn't tell the wife I bought the TS with the 2 cases.... she will find out when the package shows up. I am done purchasing TP items for a while now, 3 TP's 3 HP cases, 2 soft cases, 3 touchstones, 2 keyboards (need to return the one 1 bought at full price).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Aside from the awesome induction charging, turning it into an instant digital photo frame (exhibition mode) is well worth it.

Once you use one, it's hard to go back. I use 3 touchstones for my Pre- and I got one for my TP.
    I ordered a Touchstone today. Used my 25% off coupon. Looking forward to hassle free charging. LOL.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Just got mine in this morning!!! - THIS THING IS AMAZING - I can't go back to normal charging now this is an absolutely brilliant tech that has me hooked on WebOS devices - brilliant on the phone and brilliant on the tablet - the stand itself is quite nice and adjustable - small enough to transport if need be. Go for it!
    Yup....definitely worth it. Originally paid $79 for it and was happy, but like it even more once I got a price match at Office Depot and received $40 back. Nice! Throw on the carry case and it is just a very cool feature. I do enjoy my TouchPad
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I bought one in early July at full price then four more when they went on sale. I have them placed everywhere I want to use the TouchPad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast