Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    I know, that was the same thought I had yesterday when I saw things were out of stock. That is why I was so surprised to find them back in stock today while the coupon code was still good. And the web site was responding very quickly placing the order too....at least when I placed my order.
    Yea I just ordered mine a few minutes ago and I didn't have any problems. I tried to score one at my local Walmart but they're still selling all the accessories at full price!
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I thought the coupons was products over 599.00?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticslug View Post
    Is $55 a good deal for the touchstone?

What are the benefits of having one?
    Well, the original list price was about $70, I think, so that is $15 off. Do you absolutely need it? No, as you can use a USB cable charger that comes with the Touchpad, but with the Touchstone you just set the Touchpad in the stand and can continue to use it while it (inductively) charges with no cable connected to Touchpad at all. It is like a cradle/display stand.
    This was the coupon code from the special e-mail yesterday to people who signed up to be notified when HP had word on availability of new Touchpads. I have no idea if everyone received the same identical code in their e-mails.
    i'm using the code from the email and still getting charged for shipping..
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by fguills75 View Post
    Nope. It wasn't worded as well as it could have been in the e-mail, but the $599 limit was you could not use it on PCs or laptops that were less than $599. Printers and accessories did not have that limit. At least that is the way I read it.
  6.    #26  
    So, now you can all return the favor if you find out where I can get a $99 Touchpad before the new ones from HP become available. If the accessories arrive in a week or so, I'm gonna really be craving the Touchpad to use with them.
    Got the keyboard and a touchstone for $82.06 great deal in my opinion.

The FREE shipping kicks in at a certain dollar amount. I think it 50 bucks or something, so when you use use the coupon it turns off, so just add something cheap (or a second item to get free shipping).
    Yeah your order has to be $50 to get the free shipping, was gonna get the just the touchstone, but ordered touchstone and case with 25% coupon and got it for $70 and free shipping.

Now just hoping my smb touchpad will eventually ship and I'll be all set =)
    Not to stray off topic, but this touch pad changed my life, and introduced me to the wonderful world of tablets, where I have consumed every single piece of accessory they have to offer.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Nope. It wasn't worded as well as it could have been in the e-mail, but the $599 limit was you could not use it on PCs or laptops that were less than $599. Printers and accessories did not have that limit. At least that is the way I read it.
    So if I just placed the order without the coupon can I call cancel it and then re order with the code?
  11.    #31  
    So if I just placed the order without the coupon can I call cancel it and then re order with the code?
    Unknown....I would try calling with your order number and see.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    if you need coupon code use SVP471394 10 off for 50 and free shipping
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Unknown....I would try calling with your order number and see.
    I called and canceled the order and re did it without a problem. Saving a few dollars always helps.
    $50 is too much for a freaking charger. Its half the price I paid for the TP. My charger works fine.
    Yeah me too, didn't even think about it until I saw the OP used his. I love these forums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    $50 is too much for a freaking charger. Its half the price I paid for the TP. My charger works fine.
    You have NO CLUE what you are missing! TouchStones change LIVES!!! seriously.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I called and cancelled so I could re-order and add the case and now my code no longer works. Ugh.
    Wish HP would release the Touchstone that has BlueTooth audio out. It went through the FCC, but like the Touchpad 64GB and 4G, we may never see it except, possibly, the engineering prototypes.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Thanks for this...finally got the touchpad case i was looking for
    I've been waiting for the folio case to come back. I was so close to buying off eBay today! I just placed an order for it on hp.com for a grand total of $17.36 thanks to a $20 gift card I received early this month.
    Repeat of my (impulsive) post in the main forum in case it helps:

Just bought the Touchpad Touchstone and HP cases online and used the coupon code they sent in the "sorry about that" e-mail the other day.

Unfortunately, the keyboards are out of stock.

Saved a tidy amount, so hurry because it will be over at midnight etc.

Edit: FYI: I called HP and asked if we could use the coupon later for keyboards once they were back in stock. She said no, it's only good for tonight. She said maybe there will be another promotion later....that's a definite maybe, she really didn't know for sure etc.

Second edit: By the way, the checkout process was a bit messed up. I had to redo it a few times to get the discount to show up properly after each step. Maybe I messed up, but I suggest you keep at it until it works.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast