• 1 Post By 3138NV
  • 1 Post By UCLAKoolman
  • 1 Post By ghostknyght
  • 1 Post By 3138NV
  • 1 Post By ghostknyght
  • 1 Post By 3138NV
  • 1 Post By Sukiyaki
  1.    #1  
    I think this is the best case for the Touchpad, especially if you don't plan on buying a Touchstone like me.

It's very much like the cheap $7 pleather case I bought on eBay that also works very well except that this is made of leather and it just oozes with quality.

Here's the link:

Amazon.com: Acase (TM) HP TouchPad Transformer Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for HP TouchPad 9/7-Inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (BLACK): Electronics
    Clodrock likes this.
    So it's hard to tell from the pictures, does only the one end open with velco or does the entire front facade come off via velcro but still remain attached to the unit?
    Clodrock likes this.
  3.    #3  
    It works a lot like the rooCase (also found on Amazon). I favor the Acase because it has cut outs at each side of the bezel allowing you to upswipe no matter what the TP's orientation. A lot of cases out there cover the bezel entirely.

The front flap has magnets to keep the screen protected. The only velcro I see is for flap near the left bezel that keeps the TP from sliding out.
    Clodrock likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I think the best case is the Hp Folio case sometimes 3rd party accessories suck but it does look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by fguills75 View Post
    I think the best case is the Hp Folio case sometimes 3rd party accessories suck but it does look good.
    I agree the folio case adds very little bulk, it feels nice in the hand, and has a very nice folding stand.

I just wish there was some way to latch the cover closed. Has anyone successfully modded this feature into the folio case?

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that you're assured the touchstone charger will work with the folio case...
    Last edited by UCLAKoolman; 08/31/2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Clodrock likes this.
  6.    #7  
    I almost pulled the trigger on this particular case via Amazon but I don't like that half of the TP's plastic back is exposed as shown in the main Amazon product page. Other than that, it looks like a nice high quality case like the Acase Transformer. I think a better case in this style is the Targus Truss case. It doesn't expose half of the TP's back like the case you are asking about but three of the TP's four sides are totally exposed. The Targus Truss is kind of pricey though.

I'm not a big fan of the HP Folio case because there's no way to keep the flap closed and it looks like the back of the flap actually touches the screen when closed which isn't the case with the Acase Transformer or even with my cheap $7 eBay case. Plus I've heard that the hairline cracks that some TP's have been experiencing perhaps has something to do with the fact that some force is needed to snap the TP into place on the Folio case. Again, since I don't own a Touchstone nor do I plan on buying one, I don't need a case that is Touchstone compatible.

Let us know how this one works out if you get it!
    Last edited by 3138NV; 08/31/2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Clodrock likes this.
    I actually ended up getting the case in the first post. I bought it expecting the Targus truss I got from HP small business store to get canceled. I just got the confirmation from them so I'm going to have both. I'll let the wife take her pick I guess.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Clodrock likes this.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    I actually ended up getting the case in the first post. I bought it expecting the Targus truss I got from HP small business store to get canceled. I just got the confirmation from them so I'm going to have both. I'll let the wife take her pick I guess.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    You got your confirmation from HP smb for the truss? Was it the order or shipping confirmation?
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3138NV View Post
    I think this is the best case for the Touchpad, especially if you don't plan on buying a Touchstone like me.

It's very much like the cheap $7 pleather case I bought on eBay that also works very well except that this is made of leather and it just oozes with quality.

Here's the link:

Amazon.com: Acase (TM) HP TouchPad Transformer Leather EZ Carry Case with 3 in 1 built in Stand for HP TouchPad 9/7-Inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (BLACK): Electronics
    check the case found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3126057

looks like the same thing for $5
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwil85 View Post
    check the case found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3126057

looks like the same thing for $5
    That's a nice case for the price but cases for iPad (1) usually have the same fitment problems with the TP:

-Earhone jack is covered
    -Stereo speakers are covered

Also, the TP's bezel in entirely covered except for the area near the bottom button.
    Clodrock likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3138NV View Post

Here's the link:

This is similar to the case that came from Aarons. I do like the cut outs to do the upswipe, it also looks like the bottom end is elevated slightly, so the screen isn't flush with whatever you stand it on and the speakers aren't blocked as much. Also the Aarons is a trifold, this one looks like it would add less bulk.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Clodrock likes this.
    so I have been looking at the clip cases (Acase, Poetic) but just decided against those because of unknown stretching of the clips' hold as well as not wanting to have half of the back of the TP exposed when proping up in landscape mode ...

looked at the Targus Truss but while it solves the back exposure mentioned above wasn't a fan of the multilayer approach and it seems a bit bulkier

ultimately came to decide on the Acase Transformer tonight .....
    there are a number of cases in this type of "framed" style but this one unlike the others has a much better cut out window that even gives exposure to the bezel making edge area gestures unobstructed .... like the magnetic closure ... this looks to have better coverage around the edges as compared to the clip cases

after looking over the pros and cons of a number of cases this stood out as the clear cut winner to me .... also happy to have found it at Buy.com for 20.79 and free shipping
    Anybody have this? Thinking of getting one as well but doesn't look like it has a cutout for the light sensor (which maybe isn't a big deal?). Also any comments on the fit? Thx....
    Bought one from Buy.com for $25 shipped - it should be here this week, and I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't find one of the official Touchpad folio cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    so I have been looking at the clip cases (Acase, Poetic) but just decided against those because of unknown stretching of the clips' hold as well as not wanting to have half of the back of the TP exposed when proping up in landscape mode ...
    I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here - what is the issue with having the back of the touchpad "exposed" in landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs914 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here - what is the issue with having the back of the touchpad "exposed" in landscape mode?
    if I have the hardware in a protective case I want the back side to be completely protected/covered in any orientation .... the clip type case is one of the only cases that leaves that area exposed