1.    #1  
    I make stuff lots and lots, and I'm going to document what I build for my HP Touchpad in this thread. I'll update this OP as I build more. I'd love to see what other folks build as well.

This was just a hardwood stand I whipped up for temporary use until I can decide on my next steps. I haven't removed the initial plastic yet, as you can see, because I'm terrified of messing it up.

As for the wood stand, I'd make it deeper but it's been a good start. Might try some bent tubing next. Sugru should go on the back support tines.

To Build/Design:
    Silicone Skin option
    Waterproof shock proof housing
    Stand that fits said housing
    Mobile sling that fits core housing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    while it's not something I'm going to build, I am thinking of getting one of those spring loaded brackets used to display collectable plates and mounting it to the cupboard door over my prep area in my kitchen so I can hang my TP at eye level - will use it to lookup/read recipes and maybe watch videos while cooking, etc. Will post a pic when/if I get around to trying it.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    spring loaded brackets used to display collectable plates and mounting it to the cupboard door over my prep area in my kitchen so I can hang my TP at eye level -
    That's pretty good, I can totally see that. Bathrooms, kitchens, and cars are all great places for mounts.

I have an aluminum foundry so I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to cast some form of holding arm or something. I really want the core shell to have grooves that slide into the assorted holding arms, stands, and carrybags; hopefully with a catch.

I'm also in a space with 5 people carrying HP Touchpads now, so clever inductive chargers are going to be valuable....
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    while it's not something I'm going to build, I am thinking of getting one of those spring loaded brackets used to display collectable plates and mounting it to the cupboard door over my prep area in my kitchen so I can hang my TP at eye level - will use it to lookup/read recipes and maybe watch videos while cooking, etc. Will post a pic when/if I get around to trying it.
    Yeah I am wanting to do this or something similar with my 16 gig TP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    That looks good and sturdy and wow, that is one large jug of soy sauce!

Semi-related I made a semi-portable tablet stand for my generic android "Mobile Internet Device" tablet that I may adjust to fit the touchpad at the same time(It has two sides available).

I used a long rectangular 4ft by 9.75inch Black and Decker cordless string trimmer box to make it. It would only just BARELY fit around the HP Touchpad if I were to try modify the other end for that, unless I put it in Portrait mode anyway.

I don't want to find the camera to take a picture of it right now. My desk is a mess.

Set tablet down at the desired height and trace around it or just hold it there(which is what I did)
    cut 8 slits in it two for each side of the tablet at the corners.
    make 4 ribbons of ducktape(quick and pliable and cheaply available)
    Insert one end of a ribbon into one slit, insert the other end into the slit next to it so it would cross diagonally over the same corner if the tablet were pressed into it.
    Repeat for the other three duck tape ribbons.
    carefully insert the tablet and hold in place while you tighten the strips
    Hold the tablet in place and tie the ribbons off inside the box with more duck tape(or string or whatever)
    Leave one top corner loose than the others so you can free the tablet easier.

Insert two straight foot and a half or so long reasonably sturdy rods through the bottom of the box and you're done.