Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    I bought Squaretrade warranty for the Tp 32gb that i paid 150 for. $30 for 3 years including drops and spills. If it ever brakes they would just give me a check for what i paid for it. Would you consider this?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    for $30? Yea. Office Depot wanted $79 for 2 years. I have a couple weeks to decide, but likely won't get it at that price.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    for $30? Yea. Office Depot wanted $79 for 2 years. I have a couple weeks to decide, but likely won't get it at that price.
    You have three months after purchase to buy it from squaretrade and it doesnt matter where you bought it from
    Where on Squaretrade's website can you get 3 years for $30?

Their tool quoted me $54.99 for 2 years, which is significantly less attractive.
    Didnt see it either. Its 69.99 (included 30% off) for 2yrs + ADH. Sure you choose the correct section? "ebooks & tablet"
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I never buy extended warranties.
    I self insure. Anytime I'm offered a warranty or the like on a product I buy I decline and place that amount in a separate savings account. If one of those items break I just repair or replace it using money from that account.
    So far in two years I haven't had to use that money.
    My credit card already covers additional warranty, so no.
    prim8 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My credit card already covers additional warranty, so no.
    Same here. American Express.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Could please tell us how you made it that low?

I already called them and they can't lower it down to $30 no matter what. What they give me is $55 for 2 years.

They also mentioned that you can "declare" the retail price of $599 instead of the $149. I just had to print a website saying that it was retailed at $599 which I find very unusual. I got a feeling that when its time for warranty claim, they would BS me.

Anyone else bought ST warranty? Please share your experience.

Thanks

EDIT: On an interesting note, if you go here:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...tone-Dock-Case

3 years of warranty only costs $27. WTH
    As a rule of thumb you don't insure items that you can afford to replace. You will be ahead in the long run.
    I normally don't buy that extra insurance
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er5751 View Post
    I bought Squaretrade warranty for the Tp 32gb that i paid 150 for. $30 for 3 years including drops and spills. If it ever brakes they would just give me a check for what i paid for it. Would you consider this?
    Yes where did you find that price as I'm not seeing it available anywhere either.