Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My mom and I both picked up touch Pads and were thinking of picking up the wireless keyboards.. I have even seen them in the $40 Range...

Are the keyboards worth it?

Let me know.
    I have one on order that I got for 35... figured might as well get it... (since it has buttons on it to manage the card views)
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    I have used the keyboard and find it very slick. The typing response is very nice and it has keys not on the on-screen keyboard.

For $35 or thereabouts I say it is a definite buy if you intend to type anything more than a sentence or two at a time.
    i managed to get one from amazon.co.uk for 23!
    waiting for it to arrive...

now i need a firesale touchstone. do you think that's possible???
    I just bought one yesterday from best buy for about 35. I love it, and its a lot easier to type on. I just don't like that it kills your touchpad's battery life significantly faster by keeping the Bluetooth on.
    Very nice piece of equipment. Got mine for 40 and couldn't be happier with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I just don't like that it kills your touchpad's battery life significantly faster by keeping the Bluetooth on.
    That's where Touchstone comes in. Battery is non-issue ;-)

I bought it for $30 and have not opened it.
    I gotta say... the TP and the accessory packaging are very nice. Very svelte and well designed with high quality cardboard. Pity this is all a waste now.
    I was so close to getting one but resisted. My reasoning was that I don't use my TP for major writing. Mostly simple emails and posting on forums. Having the keyboard will be just another piece of equipment to clutter my desk/table/couch/bed and it kills the simplicity of using a tablet, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    That's where Touchstone comes in. Battery is non-issue ;-)

I bought it for $30 and have not opened it.
    I gotta say... the TP and the accessory packaging are very nice. Very svelte and well designed with high quality cardboard. Pity this is all a waste now.
    Agree. First thought I had when I unpackaging my TP. Seemed similar to Apple product.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I probably wouldnt have bought one if it wast on sale but it was such a great deal and now I have a wireless keyboard for my desktop system too. Its a nice feeling keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I was so close to getting one but resisted. My reasoning was that I don't use my TP for major writing. Mostly simple emails and posting on forums. Having the keyboard will be just another piece of equipment to clutter my desk/table/couch/bed and it kills the simplicity of using a tablet, IMO.
    Yeah, I had one in my hand at OD and my reasoning was exactly the same as yours.
    I was seriously thinking about getting one..but didn't...
    Does the Touchpad wireless keyboard connect to computers with bluetooth or is it exclusively for the Touchpad?
    -------------------
    They can take away a webOS device from being released on Sprint...but I will never lose my love for webOS!!!...GO TOUCHPAD!!!!

Palm Pre - > HTC Hero - > HTC Evo 4g - > iPhone 5(soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Agree. First thought I had when I unpackaging my TP. Seemed similar to Apple product.
    Best packaging that I have ever had.... Nook color.

To the topic: I am now using my TP and Keyboard to take notes in class, it works very well, but I do have an issue. I love the fact that there is a "cards" button on the keyboard, but I don't see the point if I cannot move in between them (without touching it). If someone knows how I can do this, please let me know.
    If you do a lot of typing then it is definitely worth it but the absence of some functionality like the ability to open, close, or go through apps in card view makes using it somewhat odd at times.
    yes. for $29 at Office Depot it's perfect and works on my PS3. gmae on
  16.    #16  
    hmm.... so it can work with a PS3, I could use it on my laptop (when its plugged into my tv)...

and on the touch pad...

Sounds like its functionality can come in handy....
    If they could bring over sype (andriod) I would never consider buying a keyboard.

I may have to pick one up.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    the HP ones were not discounted yet when I checked best buy, the manager offered me 20% off, which made it bout $56. I grabbed a Motorola one bout the same size for $32 and it works great.

having the full size keyboard is great during times I know I will be doing lots of typing, and I'll be bring it and my TP with me instead of my laptop when I do some traveling this fall. I may get that WiFi SD card reader, that way I can transfer my presentation files and dump my photos off my camera and such as well. Just hoping for another Quickoffice update so I can work on slideshows too.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    its a solid keyboard and I think it's worth the $30 I paid for it. It certainly takes some getting used to as it doesn't behave like a regular keyboard would in a lot of respects. I have been experiencing some weird flashing issues while typing on mine. I would be typing along just fine and then the screen would flicker and the page I was on would scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Just general weirdness like that. However, I'm typing this comment on the keyboard and it's not acting up at all.

I will be using this a lot for my online courses when I have to post long responses and don't want to bring home my laptop from work. The BT keyboard and TP in the HP case really does make a nice netbook substitute. The only thing I would want is mouse support but I can live with touching the screen for now.

I had a transformer plus keyboard dock and I think the TP registers keypresses a lot smoother. There is almost no lag unless you get an auto-correct then it lags for a bit and keeps going.
    I don't use my BT keyboard for general usage (mostly browsing), but if I know I will be typing an email or forum post of more than a sentence or two it I immediately grab the keyboard. Typing a paragraph or two with the on screen keyboard is painful compared to using the keyboard. Definitely worth the $35 I paid from BB.

I will add that after doing every performance tweak possible, keyboard usage is improved but I still seem to suffer from random lack of keyboard response (until I go back to card view and return), missing keypresses, etc.

Most of my onscreen keyboard problems do tend to correlate with me trying to type while network data is simultaneously occurring, such as browser loads, which works flawless with the BT keyboard.

I just wish there was a keyboard cut/paste shortcut.
    It's totally worth it. I received my HP BT keyboard the same day the Quick Office upgrade (doc editing) was offered causing me to no longer use my laptop. I actually had the Logitech keyboard (Android 3.0 version) which is very nice and it comes with a neat carrying case that is very handy. However, pairing it required typing in a 6 digit code with the virtual keyboard and with the Logitech keyboard itself EVERY TIME. I only discovered the code (0000 wasn't working) because I paired it with my wife's Galaxy Tab and it showed me what the correct code was. Also, the HP BT keyboard has specific keys that work on the TP such as volume, brightness, minimizing apps, etc. A lot of people complain that the arrow keys don't allow you to scroll through cards--I bought a special stylus for that and it works great when at your desk. I can't tell you how many people stop and tell me what a great setup the TP/keyboard/stylus is when they see me pounding away and seamlessly switching between apps by using the keyboard's card minimize key and stylus when I'm at Starbucks or Panera Bread.
    Last edited by 3138NV; 09/02/2011 at 07:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast