Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hailredskins#AC
  1.    #1  
    Well if anyone is having a hard time finding a touchpad case, I found this iPad case that works just fine with a slight mod. It's the iPad truss case/stand. I work at radioshack and the catalog number is 2602177. Retails for $39.99. The only issue is the top right strap pressed the volume up. What I did is cut a notch in it and works great now. I know most people won't care but we were bored at work so... I included a couple of pics.

Last one is the stand part, can be put to 3 different angles.
    Last edited by arrocha87; 08/30/2011 at 11:22 AM.
    I'm confused... why go through all of that instead of getting an HP case for $25-$45?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/30/2011 at 11:14 AM.
  3.    #3  
    I just realized I bought myself the expensive case cause its for the iPad and ipad2 so it has the lil camera hole in the back. We also have the regular iPad one for only $19.99 and it'll work the same with the mod. Catalog number is 2601880.
  4.    #4  
    I was too impatient to wait for one in the mail since my daughter dropped it already. And with my discount I payed $13 for it. LOL and I thought it'd be a good solution for people that didn't want to wait either, and hey for 19.99 its not bad at all. And from what I read, the touchpad case from targus also has the volume key issue so atleast you can take my idea to your touchpad one if you don't want to buy the iPad one for $19.99.
    Last edited by arrocha87; 08/30/2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    speakers blocked?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by class01 View Post
    speakers blocked?
    Yes but sound comes through clearly. Well for me anyways... Now I want to mod the bottom too... New pics in a few mins...
  7.    #7  
    Here is the speaker mod. Sorry bout the roughness, its being done with a box cutter. I think this prototype is going to the gf's and daughter touchpad and I'm going to do another one with my precision knives for myself.

The same case (THZ07202US) for HP touchpad is only $18 in macMall, and $19.99 in HP. Why should you buy a IPAD case for touchpad at $35? Can't understand.

This case is just too HEAVY (1 lb). Even at $20, it won't sell well.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The same case (THZ07202US) for HP touchpad is only $18 in macMall, and $19.99 in HP. Why should you buy a IPAD case for touchpad at $35? Can't understand.

This case is just too HEAVY (1 lb). Even at $20, it won't sell well.
    Well mainly because I didn't want to wait in the mail and here in Dallas I couldn't find any in store that were a stand as well. For the $19.99 retail I think its a good investment for someone that doesn't mind nodding a bit and specially for those like me that hate waiting in the mail for stuff.
    Just bought the touchpad version

HP: THZ07202US - Targus Truss Case for HP TouchPad - Leather - 9.84"L x 0.98"H x 7.87"W - Tablet cases

Does anyone have any experiences with it, other than the Ipad versions?
    Kudos for modding it yourself. I suppose if you couldn't wait for the Touchpad specific one, this'll do. I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail but to me it looks like this case provides better protection to the sides than the HP case during the unfortunate event of a drop.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Also the Cookie-Monster-Blue interior is kinda funky.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    arrocha87 likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostknyght View Post
    Just bought the touchpad version

HP: THZ07202US - Targus Truss Case for HP TouchPad - Leather - 9.84"L x 0.98"H x 7.87"W - Tablet cases

Does anyone have any experiences with it, other than the Ipad versions?
    ive heard that you still have issues with the volume button being pressed by the top strap. You might still have to mod it. Id assume that the speakers would be exposed already.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Also the Cookie-Monster-Blue interior is kinda funky.
    i love it! its so soft and cushiony! Reminds me of the Monster microfiber cloth used in their screen cleaner kits.
    I'm not a big fan of the HP Folio case but I couldn't wait for the Acase Transformer to finally become available on Amazon so I bought the cheap pleather $7 HP case on eBay. I didn't want to mod an iPad case either. The cheapo caseis actually quite nice and even has magnetic closures to keep the front flap closed. The Acase Transformer is finally available though...
    This case seems perfect to me as it looks easy to take the Touchpad in and out, whereas with my Generic Rotating Leather one from ebay it's a pain to remove and also seems like the rough leather scratches the pad.

How are you liking the case now? Has the blue felt gone all dirty/worn out or is it still sexy to look at?

I bought this for 5 from Play.com, waiting for it to arrive. The iPad version was like 8x cheaper than the HP version so I'll probably be modding it too
    Interesting. I read this thread before I ordered my Truss, then promptly forgot about it.

I've had my Truss for about a month now and I love it.

I saw this thread get bumped up and looked through the pictures. I didn't have to do any modifications to mine. The holes for the speakers were already cut out.

And the flap over the volume button doesn't accidentally change the volume, and if I need to change the volume, I press on the flap which presses on volume up - no problems.

Also, mine is a grey inside, not the blue.

The only downside is that you can't rotate to stand the TP in portrait mode. I don't use a lot of things in portrait, so it isn't a huge deal for me.

Edited to add - whoops, no wonder... I failed to notice that the OP had a iPad Truss. I got the TP Truss.
    Quote Originally Posted by cschaaf View Post
    The only downside is that you can't rotate to stand the TP in portrait mode. I don't use a lot of things in portrait, so it isn't a huge deal for me.

Edited to add - whoops, no wonder... I failed to notice that the OP had a iPad Truss. I got the TP Truss.
    But you can take the Touchpad out of the straps and just position the Touchpad portrait style on the case anyway right?

And yes you've got the TP version, this is the iPad
    I also spotted this @ Play.com for 5.

Looks good to me, but annoyed about the volume issue.
    I love mine, I have the Touchpad version and never once have I had an issue with the volume button. I paid three dollars for mine, I got it from Barnes and Noble because they cancelled an order for a Touchpad, and sent me a 20 dollar gift card for cancelling my TP order, I already had a TP from HP SMB, so I used the gift card and got the case for three dollars lol.