Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr. Orange 645
  • 1 Post By Jophiel
  1.    #1  
    I received my Technocel iPad case today. I know a lot of you have been wondering if this case will work with the HP Touchstone. Well, the answer is YES!!

It will sit properly in landscape orientation but it won't balance properly if you have it in the portrait position due to the latches on the case.

The charging will work both with the case cover folded behind the TP, and when the cover is laid on the desk. Point of caution is that it is a little picky on how leaned back the Touchstone is when the cover is folded behind the TP This is due to the give/bounce the case has from the cover being folded behind it. But as it sits right now, this is the position I would be using anyways because it is the most ergonomic.

As for the case, the build quality of this case is pretty nice. However, as it is made for the iPad, the fitment is okay, even after modification. It doesn't really latch to close as well as I hoped, and it does take a little bit of force. And because the latch actually goes onto the TP itself, I'm question if it will leave a mark on the TP in the long run.

I hope this answers questions for a lot of people. Cheers!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    mucho thanks. Probably gonna order one today.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Whelp, that sucks. Can only register for the verizon ecommerce site to buy accessories if you are a verizon customer. Boo
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsun View Post
    Whelp, that sucks. Can only register for the verizon ecommerce site to buy accessories if you are a verizon customer. Boo
    Not true. I'm not a verizon customer and I ordered one and its already been shipped.

And I'm very happy to learn that it works with the charger. Thx OP !
    Why use this instead of the OEM case? Is it that much cheaper? or is it about availability? the HP case is very good and it's made for the TP.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Not true. I'm not a verizon customer and I ordered one and its already been shipped.

And I'm very happy to learn that it works with the charger. Thx OP !
    how? Everything I try to register it asks fir a Verizon phone number
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Why use this instead of the OEM case? Is it that much cheaper? or is it about availability? the HP case is very good and it's made for the TP.
    Yup! I haven't ordered one yet, but I checked and I can get it for less than $8 shipped Two-Day FedEx.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    $10 so 1/2 the price as the HP case depending on the price you paid, also in my opinion more business like, the case itself is quality leather and works on the touchstone.

Verizon online has them in stock delivered free

regarding the fit its amazing what a hair dryer can can do to tighten everything up

I also have the HP case, but so far have used it very little
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsun View Post
    how? Everything I try to register it asks fir a Verizon phone number
    I don't know what your doing but I have placed 3 separate orders with them and I am not a Verizon customer

or just go into a Verizon store and they order it for you , again free shipping
    Last edited by sjjones; 08/30/2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    $10 so 1/2 the price as the HP case depending on the price you paid, also in my opinion more business like, the case itself is quality leather and works on the touchstone.

Verizon online has them in stock delivered free

regarding the fit its amazing what a hair dryer can can do to tighten everything up

I also have the HP case, but so far have used it very little
    So, do you just heat with a hair dryer and bend the tabs in?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustmonkey View Post
    So, do you just heat with a hair dryer and bend the tabs in?
    heat from inside out till pliable, then shaped with my fingers, I did not adjust the side holding tabs they seem to be ok

** don't go crazy with the heat
    These are on sale on VZW website for $4.97 w/ free 2-day shipping right now get'em while they're hot!
    steelsun likes this.
    When ordering from the Verizon website (and not a customer), don't make an account. Just select the case, say you have an iPad when it asks what item you're accessorizing, and then check out as a one-time visitor. You'll enter your address, CC info, etc at that point.

The "have to say what you're buying this for" phase is annoying and non-intuitive but that was my only hold-up.
    steelsun likes this.
    Link?

Sent from my HTC Eva 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    When ordering from the Verizon website (and not a customer), don't make an account. Just select the case, say you have an iPad when it asks what item you're accessorizing, and then check out as a one-time visitor. You'll enter your address, CC info, etc at that point.

The "have to say what you're buying this for" phase is annoying and non-intuitive but that was my only hold-up.
    thanks. This worked for me and ordered one for just a hair over $5.00 after tax.