Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking for recommendations and to see what sleeves others are using with the TouchPads in the HP case. The HP case offers some protection, but not enough for me to toss it into a backpack without worrying about something getting in between the case and screen and scratching it up. I need a sleeve that is large enough to accommodate a TP in the HP case but not so large that it has room to move around inside the sleeve.
    I use this one and fits my touchpad (still in the HP Folio case) perfectly:
    Amazon.com: HP Mini Sleeve: Electronics
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    why not get a sleeve designed for the iPad 1. I have one from "iHome" that I found at a discount store, and it works great
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyi64 View Post
    I use this one and fits my touchpad (still in the HP Folio case) perfectly:
    Amazon.com: HP Mini Sleeve: Electronics
    That's definitely an option, but something a bit more protective would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaguang View Post
    why not get a sleeve designed for the iPad 1. I have one from "iHome" that I found at a discount store, and it works great
    As long as it fits the the HP case that'd be fine. I just don't want to buy something form-fitting that doesn't have enough give to accommodate the extra size of the HP case-equipped TouchPad.
    there are some pretty generic ones on ebay if you search 'touchpad sleeve'
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpadder View Post
    I'm looking for recommendations and to see what sleeves others are using with the TouchPads in the HP case. The HP case offers some protection, but not enough for me to toss it into a backpack without worrying about something getting in between the case and screen and scratching it up. I need a sleeve that is large enough to accommodate a TP in the HP case but not so large that it has room to move around inside the sleeve.
    I saw in a thread the other day that someone posted a link to another TP case/sleeve that looks almost like one of those journal book. Basically, it has an elastic strap that you wrap around the case to keep the lid/cover in place.

I'd imagine you can do the same to yours with the HP Sleeve. Just get a large rubber band, or a large elastic band from the fabric store, and use it to keep the lid closed.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I like Timbuk2 and just order this one from Amazon

Update: I just got this case and this not the best match for the TB with HP case. The picture makes these look very soft, but in fact they are rigid witha pretty tight fit.

It you want real protection this mihgt be the way to go though.
    Last edited by miata; 09/04/2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    +! for Timbuk2! Go to their website and you can design you own with the fabric and color. I broke down and designed my own and it was 55. It was waxed canvas so it would be a little water resistant. You can design on cheaper too! You customize your touchpad - why not have your own custom designed sleeve.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I like the speck one that also has a handle on it.
    Anyone think this sleeve will fit with the official HP case on it?

Roocase Neoprene Sleeve

Also, how is the quality of the HP mini sleeve? I was looking at that one too. That one looks like it might fit the keyboard in it as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by yaguang View Post
    I've got one on order that was $12 from Amazon after shipping and tax for the wife's TP until we can get it a proper folio case. I will test this with my TP in the HP case when it comes in this week.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I saw a couple of generic cases at Target but those 10" netbook sleeves were too big for the Touchpad. I've ordered a HP mini sleeve from amazon. From what I read it should work. I don't need something really rugged and heavy since the case gives it enough protection. The sleeve will just make sure the screen is covered at all times and the case maintain its condition.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    how much are you willing to spend??

if you want a top of the line leather case check out vajacases.com ...they are handmade, custom order leather cases but they cost...the agenda case $160 & the premium sleeve is $110...

I've brought cases from them in the past for PDAs & mobile phones and have always been pleased with the investment...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gamtab View Post
    how much are you willing to spend??

if you want a top of the line leather case check out vajacases.com ...they are handmade, custom order leather cases but they cost...the agenda case $160 & the premium sleeve is $110...

I've brought cases from them in the past for PDAs & mobile phones and have always been pleased with the investment...
    Nowhere near that amount. I'm familiar with the brand but personally that's way too much to spend on protection. I'm looking to spend <$30, preferably <= $20.
    The WaterField iPad EXO SleeveCase looks like it would work. It was designed for the original iPad inside an Apple iPad Case.

WaterField makes a sleeve for the Touchpad, but it's for the bare tablet without a case.
    I am looking for recommendations as well so it can fit the touchpad in the case with the touchpad keyboard

any ideas and yes I want it under 20 please
    I stopped in my local Office Depot and they have some very nice zippered neoprene sleeves on clearance for $1.92. Fits my Touchpad in the HP case perfectly.
    I have learned not to try and guess; just sent several options back to Amazon. I have this case and it's a bit pricey, but perfectly fits the TP and case, with a little room, and is very protective. It's padded and not soft neoprene. It's excellent protection. It has no pockets, which is fine with me.

Amazon.com: Belkin Universal Rev Sleeve for 10-Inch Tablet - Gray/Coral Pink (F8N553ttC02): Electronics
    Last edited by davidra; 09/04/2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Targus makes/made a zippered sleeve for the Touchpad called an A7 Sleeve. The HP case and TP fit snugly inside it. My local Staples had three of them in the clearance section for $14.
    I Agree with colorebel.

Just picked up a Targus A7 Sleeve for iPad for $10:
    Targus - A7 Sleeve for Apple® iPad™ - Brown - TSS17802US

Fit is perfect and has relatively good protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast