1.    #1  
    Here found this on SD. Hope this helps some people looking for cases.

Roocase for HP touchpad pricedrop- $26.36 - Slickdeals.net
    Thanks for the tip. I had ordered the roocase executive folio off Amazon and like many others was sent the wrong product (was sent the case for the toshiba thrive tablet). Before sending it back, I did look it over and was reasonably impressed with the quality, so I'm going to go ahead and try this slim case.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekOutDog View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I had ordered the roocase executive folio off Amazon and like many others was sent the wrong product (was sent the case for the toshiba thrive tablet). Before sending it back, I did look it over and was reasonably impressed with the quality, so I'm going to go ahead and try this slim case.
    Yeah I didn't jump on the executive folio because it looked bulky to me but it looked really nice. I wanted a slim folio for my TP. I am hoping the quality is as good as everyone else has said it is.
    The executive folio is bulky for household use, but perfect for bringing to work or school since it is much more professional looking.
    How's this better than the official one?
    This one is top grain leather and microfiber... isn't the official one more imitation/rubber...?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
    How's this better than the official one?
    From what some has said in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...olio-case.html

They are saying the quality of RooCases are better. One person posted a picture of his HP case and he said he had bought roocases for his family members and he wishes he got a roocase instead of the HP case.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This looks similar to the two I ordered, from here HHI HP TouchPad Folio Flip Case with Muti-Function Stand - Black
    It's slim, yet sturdy with some thickness to it. It has a nice soft feeling to the outter skin and it's great for traveling and keeping the tp safe. I think it's worth the $20, plus you have a variety of colors to choose from. I have the black and the brown for my wife.

Update: Just realized they are out of stock till 9/15.
    Last edited by joos519; 08/28/2011 at 08:41 AM.
    I've got the rooCase executive for my Playbook and love it - build quality is excellent, has room to hold business cards, etc and offers great protection - it is a little more bulky, but not significantly so...
    Just ordered one so let's hope that it works out.
    In for 1, I'll post my thoughts when I receive it.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustmonkey View Post
    I've got the rooCase executive for my Playbook and love it - build quality is excellent, has room to hold business cards, etc and offers great protection - it is a little more bulky, but not significantly so...
    Does the fit work OK so that gestures work and the speakers and buttons aren't covered? I'm not worried about touchstone function.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Does the fit work OK so that gestures work and the speakers and buttons aren't covered? I'm not worried about touchstone function.
    Works great! ...but I am talking about the case for the PLAYBOOK just so you're clear on what I was saying... I was simply commenting on the quality of rooCases...
    BOOOOO!!!! Just got an email saying the case is out of stock, AFTER i had already placed my order yesterday and been charged.

Not happy... now i have to look for another case..
  15. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I picked up the executive case from amazon and love it. The only thing I don't like about it is the velcro tabs are on the back of the removable sleeve and it gets stuck to some articles of clothing. I can still swipe from all sides, though I don't have very large hands, and it gives the touchpad more grip in your hands.