08/27/2011, 02:18 PM
Good afternoon fellow webOS users!
Just got a touchpad a few weeks ago, not during the firesale, but during the HP & Staples combo sale weekend. A few days ago I picked up a touchstone and everything seemed to work fine. But today, when I place the touchpad on the touchstone, the notification flashes saying "Charging..", and the lightening bolt appears for a second, but then it disappears. As my thread title suggests, it doesn't charge when this happens. A few things to note:
- i have it in the proper orientation (camera to the left, usb port to the right in landscape). even portrain mode (camera on top) exhibits the same issue
- regular outlet charger works fine
- even switched the wall outlet adapters and the issue persists
- when on the touchstone, exhibition mode doesn't initiate automatically
- did all the customary reboots except a full device reset to factory settings
I'm wondering if it's a software issue? I recently installed Adanced Reset homebrew app which I have since then uninstalled. Also installed a couple other apps and synced music to it for the first time right before noticing the issue.
Seems like i've covered all the bases short of it being an actual issue with my touchstone. It's such a simple device...what is there to break on it?
Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
PS - Thank goodness for Preware. All the patches make this thing FLY. Would've returned the thing if it weren't for the performance bumps.