webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Touchstone not charging Touchpad
Touchstone not charging Touchpad
Like Tree1Likes

Old 09/06/2011, 11:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Same problem here with the Touchstone and my Touchpad.

Amazing! Thanks for the tip on tapping the back!

I did it lightly while the Touchpad was on the Touchstone and I could
see the message and lightning bolt on the battery repeatedly occur.
I didn't stay on however. So I pressed on the back of the Touchpad
while on the Touchstone and now the lightning bolt is on. I doubt it
will last more than this one charge, so jason.hamilton is probably
right that it's a loose internal wire.

I really don't want to return my Touchpad to HP, so if I can find a good
guide showing how to open my device without damaging it, I'll probably
crack it open to take a peek.

This guide is pretty good:
HP TouchPad Repair Manual - iFixit

Though they warn you right from the start you will probably break the
clips anchoring the front panel to the rear case.
cdh#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 01:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

same problem here, having HP swap out my TS for me.
Meanwhile, borrowed a mates one which has been fine until today & its now stopped working.
however after reading this thread I tapped the TS on the back, pushed in the wire (it didn't move & didn't seem to be loose) and bingo its charging now.
thinking the TS build quality isn't all that great :-*(

oh and when it does charge it does so fine with the case on folded back so it charges through 2 layers of the rubber material just fine.
hairyfil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 12:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

My Touchpad just started to do the same thing on the touchstone last night, I tryed the tap method and it's working again. I just gave it 3 firm taps nothing too harsh.
rwcrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2011, 05:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Mine is charging in it's case fine, but doesn't work on it's right side and upside down. Gets a little annoying when dealing with the case flap.
Link2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2011, 01:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks to all for the advice. I got home yesterday and found my Touchpad had dropped to 78% while on the Touchstone! And I saw the charge symbol today but my battery dropping. The tap trick seemed to fix it for noe.
DS_Palm_Lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2011, 02:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

Thanks to all for the information. Tapping helped for a bit but now I'm sending it back to HP for repair/replacement. The Butler service people wanted to blame the TouchStone but I have a TP I'm giving to my Dad for his birthday in hand (loading Preware, etc.) so I was able to demonstrate is wasn't the TS.
davidy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 07:58 AM   #27 (permalink)

Maybe your power plug isn't plugged into the power supply properly, check to be sure the
universal adapter is seated in place. Also be sure the touchtablet is in portrait orientation with the speakers facing the left and touchpad centered on the stand. You should hear a chime once power is detected.

The only issue I had was the plug, wne I didn't get a charge I double checked the plug, sure enough that was the problem.
jerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2011, 10:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

My touchpad charges when naked in the touchstone, but not with the case on. Case is the standard HP folio. Any thoughts?
fred999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2012, 07:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

As this is the top Google hit for "touchpad touchstone not charging", let me add my fix, which is the same as what mistaox said above.

The plug looks like the picture you can see here, the cylindrical plug that's about the third picture down:

AnandTech - The HP TouchPad Review: webOS on the Big Screen

The end of the plug twists off, presumably to adapt to different plugs in different countries. Today my wife was apparently vigorously dusting around the outlets, and she managed to inadvertently twist it partway off. This made the touchstone charge stop charging.

The fix was easy: Just twist the plug back on. The two-pronged end comes off and back on again with no harm to the unit. Before you take any more drastic measures, give this a try.
Kyralessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2012, 03:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Same problem with mine, not charging the touchstone but okay when plugged in. Tried a friends TP on the touchstone and it worked OK. Luckily found this thread, 3 light taps on the back of the touchpad and its charging on the touchstone now.
Paranoidandroidgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2012, 10:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidandroidgb View Post
Same problem with mine, not charging the touchstone but okay when plugged in. Tried a friends TP on the touchstone and it worked OK. Luckily found this thread, 3 light taps on the back of the touchpad and its charging on the touchstone now.
I have had my TP and TS starting day one. I have always charge my TP with my TS with no problem. Today when I put it on to charge, there was no charging response. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread but nothing has worked. It charges fine using the AC Cylinder and plugging it in to the micro USB. I would rather not do this though as I have read the micro USB port on the TP can get fatigued after heave use.

I am not sure if the inductive charging problem is from my TS or TP. I also have CM9 on my TP but only charge when booted into webOS.

Hope I can find the problem.
ariker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 12:50 PM   #32 (permalink)

This is the easel-type inductive TouchStone for the TouchPad. Stopped working last week; I had tried all suggestions to no avail. Just now I picked the thing up and looked it over; nothing seemed wrong. But the kickstand on the back was sort of extended, so I tried pulling it in a bit so the tablet sits up straighter when it's on the TouchStone. Voila...now it works. Hope it keeps working. I'd say the bottom of the kickstand piece is now about an inch and a half away from the bottom of the main TouchStone unit. Good luck.
scottknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ariker01 likes this.
Old 01/12/2013, 10:05 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottknitter View Post
This is the easel-type inductive TouchStone for the TouchPad. Stopped working last week; I had tried all suggestions to no avail. Just now I picked the thing up and looked it over; nothing seemed wrong. But the kickstand on the back was sort of extended, so I tried pulling it in a bit so the tablet sits up straighter when it's on the TouchStone. Voila...now it works. Hope it keeps working. I'd say the bottom of the kickstand piece is now about an inch and a half away from the bottom of the main TouchStone unit. Good luck.
Just tried your suggestion and it works. Very strange. It is now working with the TS angled more vertically. Thanks again!
ariker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2013, 07:39 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
this happened to me.

its an easy fix:

while its plugged in, grab hold of the cylindrical part and twist it clockwise...that should do it.
Thanks so much for sharing this tip. I dispared for a bit that my 2 year old touch pad was not charging. Couldn't figure out if it was the ts or the tp that was faulty (partly cost I was brilliantly trying to charge it with a regular charger while the other end was not plugged into an outlet).

The tapping trick did nothing for me. I had to twist the charging unit and then it started working. Thanks again!

ACe.
anishsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0