Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes
    I may be interested in a white carbon fiber one depending on price. I would like to see pics of your first though, if its not too much trouble.
    I would be interested in a white carbon fiber one as well. Pictures of it would be nice.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    +1 on a white carbon fiber with no logo cutout. I would be interested
    Slipperyfrog: It's always nice to see members helping each other....do you ship to US?
    i would b interested in purchasing a cut to measure template in white, (with the hp logo cut out) along with any1 else who is having trouble getting 1 from the uk and doesnt have the tools to professionally cut the material, how much would you want for doing this, cost of vinyl, cutting, postage ?

if you could achieve the same look as this i would gladly hand over my money to you :-)
    http://www.stealtharmor.com/store/to...ber-white.html

looks outstanding haha

also the carbon armour in that link only covers the back and not the sides, which i thing looks better, what do you guys think ?

and this is a carbon fiber shield which covers the sides -
    Last edited by noobftw; 09/20/2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Couple of things I've noticed. Some companies are trying to do this by notching the sides to give a wrap around effect. Personally I think this looks terrible. Others seem to be cutting separate pieces for back and sides. Again I think this is ugly. My preference and what I did to my touchpad is to focus on a clean cut for the back and give it a slight rounding on the corners/sides to look much like the StealthArmor one. This way it protects the back and does not risk bad corners or vinyl peeling back.

I'll have to measure up the template for the logo spot. Kind of swamped here at work but let me see if I can draw something up tonight and give you a price/color selection.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slipperyfrog View Post
    Couple of things I've noticed. Some companies are trying to do this by notching the sides to give a wrap around effect. Personally I think this looks terrible. Others seem to be cutting separate pieces for back and sides. Again I think this is ugly. My preference and what I did to my touchpad is to focus on a clean cut for the back and give it a slight rounding on the corners/sides to look much like the StealthArmor one. This way it protects the back and does not risk bad corners or vinyl peeling back.

I'll have to measure up the template for the logo spot. Kind of swamped here at work but let me see if I can draw something up tonight and give you a price/color selection.
    +1!

I much prefer that look as well, but do not like the logo cut out that stealtharmor has. If you could make one the same shape/size but no cut out I would for sure be interested. Can't stand the weird corner cut outs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i've a question about it. is there an actual texture to it? or is the skin just a flat surface with a picture of a texture? i was looking at the leather one but it would be nice if there was some texture to it, even if it was subtle

There is a subtle texture to it.
    If anyone is looking to cut their own white carbon fiber sticker you can try ordering it from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Carbon-Fi...item4aac7bdb68 only 2 bucks what do you have to lose... I ordered one, will let you guys know how it is when it arrives
    Looking all over for a UK seller.

I did find this that ships to the UK. Anyone heard of Skinomi?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234