Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seauxcrazy View Post
    Just an update, how's the skin holding up for you? Debating on purchasing the white carbon fiber also. How dirty has it gotten? Think it would be an easy wipe to clean material?
    So far it's been great. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. No peeling or anything. Dirt seems to just fall of it to be honest. I haven't had any issues with that either. All I use to wipe it down with every now and then is a micro fiber cloth.

    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    I had to use a hair dryer for mine on the corners to keep it completely flat otherwise it would wrinkle a bit on the corners. I don't know if you saw my review on the black carbon fiber one but did your screen protector line up properly?
    No the screen protector didn't line up 100%. It was a little finicky getting the camera and home button lined up. On one corner the protector covers the rubber in between the casing and the screen. It isn't a big deal but sometimes it bothers me. Otherwise it's been fine.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    No the screen protector didn't line up 100%. It was a little finicky getting the camera and home button lined up. On one corner the protector covers the rubber in between the casing and the screen. It isn't a big deal but sometimes it bothers me. Otherwise it's been fine.
    Mine kind of over lap the corner by my camera hole lined up and my home button cutout was off a good amount. It is about 20% covered by the screen protector.
  3. Royvin's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #43  
    can this skin be used with the HP case?
  4. LuD
    LuD is offline
    LuD's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Royvin View Post
    can this skin be used with the HP case?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say yes... :O
  5. #45  
    Just ordered the white carbon fiber, psyched. Thanks for the images.
  6. DizWhiz's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #46  
    That's pretty slick looking. Thanks for posting.
  7. ac921ol's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #47  
    should be getting mine soon, will post pictures, but mine covers the logo on the back, I already have a cut out for the iphone and iPad, thought I'd be different and go with no cutout for the TP :-)
  8. #48  
    Does the cover have a hard plastic feel to it? I'm also wondering if the tungsten or other "metal" finishes have a metal feel to them or if they mostly feel like soft plastic.

    thanks
  9. #49  
    Any idea where I can get that in Canada? Stealth Armor doesn't ship internationally.
  10. #50  
    A couple of quick measurements, a minute making a vector, throw it to the plotter for a quick cut and now I have a black carbon fiber cover.

    Now my wife and daughter want red & blue carbon fiber on theirs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by slipperyfrog View Post
    A couple of quick measurements, a minute making a vector, throw it to the plotter for a quick cut and now I have a black carbon fiber cover.

    Now my wife and daughter want red & blue carbon fiber on theirs.

    cool!

    how much did it cost for making 1?
    Last edited by smell; 09/18/2011 at 07:27 AM.
  12. #52  
    yeah how did you manage to diy it urself, im in the uk aswell and there is not much choice to buy 1 precut specifically 4 the touchpad, i might just do what you have done but in white instead ?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    yeah how did you manage to diy it urself, im in the uk aswell and there is not much choice to buy 1 precut specifically 4 the touchpad, i might just do what you have done but in white instead ?
    It is not hard as my main business is in graphic design and signs. Pick the color and I can make it. Pretty easy when you have all the design programs, vinyl, and plotters to cut them. Lay it out, pick a color, and cut. I was thinking of trying some of my clear bra materials and maybe cut a screen protector as well.

    Honestly the materials don't cost much at all but you have a lot of investment in the capital to do something like this so easily. Thus the cost get transferred to the customer.
    Stamponephoto likes this.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by slipperyfrog View Post
    It is not hard as my main business is in graphic design and signs. Pick the color and I can make it. Pretty easy when you have all the design programs, vinyl, and plotters to cut them. Lay it out, pick a color, and cut. I was thinking of trying some of my clear bra materials and maybe cut a screen protector as well.

    Honestly the materials don't cost much at all but you have a lot of investment in the capital to do something like this so easily. Thus the cost get transferred to the customer.

    This is really cool. I am very much a diy guy myself. I would love to see your results. couple of questions?
    1) did you just do the back, or did you wrap the bezel as well?
    2) Where did you get your vinyl? I found this supplier and was wondering if this would work: White Metro 3D Flexible Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap
    3) What do you use for adhesive, or is your vinyl have an adhesive back?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    This is really cool. I am very much a diy guy myself. I would love to see your results. couple of questions?
    1) did you just do the back, or did you wrap the bezel as well?
    2) Where did you get your vinyl? I found this supplier and was wondering if this would work: White Metro 3D Flexible Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap
    3) What do you use for adhesive, or is your vinyl have an adhesive back?
    1. I just did the back. Mainly because it looks great and also stops the Touchpad from sliding around.
    2. I have wholesale suppliers as I'm in the sign business. I buy it by the 50 yd roll in various colors, styles, and quality. The one you are looking at should work.
    3. The vinyl is adhesive backed.
    4. Info for you....cast vinyl will be easier to use, calendered vinyl is cheaper but does not conform well to curves.
  16. #56  
    how did you get the for corners on the back to fit so well? mine seems to have wrinkles on the for edges that make them stand up a little.
  17. #57  
    Did you use a hair dryer? I've heard that works
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by specter View Post
    how did you get the for corners on the back to fit so well? mine seems to have wrinkles on the for edges that make them stand up a little.

    Depends on the type of vinyl used. I was using cast vinyl on this and that made the corners a breeze. A little heat and it went on the corners even nicer.

    Most cast vinyl will conform well to curves with a little heat. A heat gun works wonders. Calendared vinyl typically is not good for curves and bends as it has memory and wants to conform back to its original shape. A lot of calendared vinyl will shape with heat but later shrink back.

    I wrap cars as part of my business so this is easy sauce. :-)
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by slipperyfrog View Post
    It is not hard as my main business is in graphic design and signs. Pick the color and I can make it. Pretty easy when you have all the design programs, vinyl, and plotters to cut them. Lay it out, pick a color, and cut. I was thinking of trying some of my clear bra materials and maybe cut a screen protector as well.

    Honestly the materials don't cost much at all but you have a lot of investment in the capital to do something like this so easily. Thus the cost get transferred to the customer.
    Don't want to sound like a kid but is it possible for you to make us up a couple? You already have the template and I'm from the uk too, also can pay..

    Regards

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    Don't want to sound like a kid but is it possible for you to make us up a couple? You already have the template and I'm from the uk too, also can pay..

    Regards

    Easy enough. How many people would want them? In what color? Let me know here and I can get you a price.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions