1.    #1  
    I purchased my Touchpad during the $99 fire sale and have been really loving the device and WebOS. I was looking around for accessories and saw the HP Touchstone charging dock and thought, hum I "need" that. So I set it up on our side table so the tablet could be used in the living room and also double as a clock. For some reason, it was not charging the device! What the heck!

Well, I finally figured out if the button on the front of the Touchpad is on the right or bottom, the device will charge. If the button is on the left or top of the Touchpad while cradled in the Touchstone, NO CHARGE...

I thought I would share with you this tidbit of information...
    You have a fault then.
    Mine charges no matter which way its in.
    Actually according to every review I've read that's how the touchstone for the Touchpad is supposed work. If you have one that charges in any orientation, then you got lucky

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Mine had instructions that came with it that said to have the button to the right side. Only charges when its to the right or the bottom for me as well.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    It only charges in portrait orientation or landscape with the speakers facing down.
    Quote Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
    You have a fault then.
    Mine charges no matter which way its in.
    As others have said, no it doesn't...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    I wish it would work in any direction. I guess if I read the instructions...

"Instructions, we don't need no stinking instructions!"

I think this is from a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneline99 View Post

HP stated that to make the TouchPad able to charge in any direction they would have had to build in two charging coils into the TouchPad, not practical for design and cost reasons.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Wouldn't it have made more sense with the case on, to have the cover at the top, so it could just hang behind / on top of the Touchstone? Instead I have to have it lay out in front and place the keyboard on top of it.

Is this right, or am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneline99 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    HP stated that to make the TouchPad able to charge in any direction they would have had to build in two charging coils into the TouchPad, not practical for design and cost reasons.
    The Touchstone will actually charge through the flap.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright