Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree7Likes
    So it looks like I may have spoke to soon, the touchstone does indeed work with this case. That may be the deal-breaker to make this my all the time case. Sorry about the earlier post.
    been using this case for a few weeks now and its caused my screen protector from best skins ever to warp. the fact that it closes so tight is causing the screen to rub up against the case and the screen protector shifted as a result. i cant really fix it unless i buy a new screen protector altogether. id take a picture but you cant really see it when i do. if you look at it, you can see wavy lines where the screen protector shifted because of the case and a little bit of the screen is now exposed.
    Love this case! Got it yesterday and had it adjusted in under 30 minutes using a hair dryer. I left the two center tabs alone, adjusted the corners in a the latch out just a little. It fits perfectly now. Thanks for the information!

My son wanted the 888-0001 envelope style sleeve instead and I like it a lot as well. Can't beat the price. I got both for $8 with employer discount.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Cool..i like this case..

mini speaker
    Hey, I just ordered one Sunday night and it arrived just now. I heated the tabs to how I needed (for my TP) yet the case still wont fully close. Am I missing a step or something?
    I had this case on my TP but my USB port ended up developing a crack. I'm wondering if any of you who are using this case have run into that? As you know, the middle clip sits very close to the USB port and i'm wondering if that's what caused mine to crack. I love the case but in fear of having it crack again (it took hp 3 weeks to fix it) I purchased the official case. More protection (sort of) but at the cost of the leathery good looks that this case provided. I'm tempted to start using this case again which is why i'm posting.
    I bought my case on Amazon for about $18 (with tax) and ended up finding the same Technocel case in a variety of colors at my local Verizon store for $4.97 (NYC: 4251 Broadway, New York, NY 10033)

***UPDATE: I attempted to return my Amazon case just now and Amazon was generous enough to give me the cash back with having to send the case back. Lucky me! 2 Cases!

Now...to mod this case properly...has anyone made a Youtube video yet? I get the bends to hold my Touchpad but the case doesn't close properly. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by astagnantsleep; 10/26/2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Picture
    Possibly butchered my first case. I think I'm about ready to send my second one to someone who can do mod properly. :/
    Touchpad owner here... Does anybody have any suggestions on how to keep the latch closed? Mine is constantly sliding off the edge, making it so it doesn't stay closed. I haven't done the heatgun mod to the clips yet, so I'm hoping that will help...
    Personally I couldn't get the blow dryer technique to work so I did it with a iron instead. I just moved the Touchpad all the way to the right edge and slowly heated the corner until it was soft enough to mold and worked it into form around the corner of the TP. Try not to pass the right edge of the case or your touchpad will not protected by the case on that side since the heavy curvature of the TP actually has it protrude past the case before it hits the corners. Work in steps and slowly work from the bottom of the case corner to the top to create a near perfect form fit to the TP. If you work it right you can actually have the left side snap in when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalk3rs View Post
    Touchpad owner here... Does anybody have any suggestions on how to keep the latch closed? Mine is constantly sliding off the edge, making it so it doesn't stay closed. I haven't done the heatgun mod to the clips yet, so I'm hoping that will help...
    I could never get the clip to keep the case shut, instead I needed to reform it so that it wouldn't fold up when I put it down. Instead my plan, which I have yet to do, is get a thick piece of elastic band, stitch it into a circle and just elastic band it shut. A lot of other cases use this method. If you don't want a loose band you could probably glue gun it to the cover or add velcro on the cover to secure the band in place.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567