Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    take them back to a Verizon store and order another if its within 14 days, have 3 and no issues
    I just ordered another one instead, I think some cases have the 'fake leather' stretched too thin over the clips which causes it to tear extremely easily.
    Last edited by bugelrex; 09/10/2011 at 10:33 AM.
    I just picked this up in a SoCal VZW store for $5.00 and its a great case once you fold those corners in. Great find guys. I like it so much that I'm going to pickup a second as a backup.
    2nd it here, great case for $5, blow drying was easy and made it solid, much better viewing than griffin folio, thnx for the heads up on 002 not 001, almost didn't order, glad I did.
    For $5 why not? I've grown to really like it.
    I have been able to re-bend the corner tabs to straighten and move the TP closer to the "binding" area so that the clip that secures the folio in the closed position almost works. I need to take one last stab at moving it a little closer so that it works perfectly.

I ordered one for my wife (and her iPad 1) and it works perfectly (gee, wonder why? :-).
    I got mine last week but hadn't had a chance to look at it. Just pulled it out this morning and so far like it pretty well. The middle set of clips hold the TP pretty firmly. I'm evaluating the clips and latch to see if I need/want to make any changes there. For the moment I'm not worried about it, think it's worth taking some time to see what really need to be modified so I don't make a change which I might regret.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    only issues i find with these cases is that the speakers are covered, so playing a movie while on the stand is quite bad, but if you use headphones you are quite fine with it.
    no much anyone can do to fix that yet, but just a heads up cases like this cover the speakers while playing music/movies.

I have experienced this with my Poetic case, which is the exact same case.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    only issues i find with these cases is that the speakers are covered, so playing a movie while on the stand is quite bad, but if you use headphones you are quite fine with it.
    no much anyone can do to fix that yet, but just a heads up cases like this cover the speakers while playing music/movies.

I have experienced this with my Poetic case, which is the exact same case.
    I literally just got mine out of the box am still learning about it. Had not yet noticed the speakers being covered. So an alternative is go turn it over and bury the volume control but have the speakers pointing up,
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    One of my clips is doing the same, I just got it today too! deceiving as the case as a whole looks good quality!

Instead I heated it to bend all the clips 'away' from the touchpad and just used black velcro to attached the touchpad
    Are you guys pushing down on the Tp to get it into the case? It's best to slide it in rather than snapping it in.
    Thanks guys for pointing to that Technocel case. I have a HP case, however while it holds the hp Touchpad, it feels and looks cheap. I got this Technocel from verizon and I was amazed how that case looked. I used the blow dryer to bend the clips and my touchpad is in there good, I made sure the clips on the left side were not as tight as the middle and right side clips. I like that it closes and latches nice for me. My HP case does not close as good. While I paid $20 for the HP case, I am now using the $5 Technocel case.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    So there is one problem with this case... the Touchpad won't stay in the first/lowest position of the notches. The edge of the Touchpad is a bit thicker/rounder than the iPad so it just falls. Bummer.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    So there is one problem with this case... the Touchpad won't stay in the first/lowest position of the notches. The edge of the Touchpad is a bit thicker/rounder than the iPad so it just falls. Bummer.
    Mine seems to stay in place. And, it also works in the "almost flat" position, where you use the front cover "clasp" clip to hold the TP.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    Mine seems to stay in place. And, it also works in the "almost flat" position, where you use the front cover "clasp" clip to hold the TP.
    That works for me as well, and so does flipping the Touchpad around and bending the case to use as a stand, which is actually the position I use most often. If the case is in my lap I can sometimes get the Touchpad to sit in that first notch, but on a flat surface it just falls right down.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    tested this case out last night with the Touchstone I just received, worked great didn't have to change a thing. Great deal for $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam123 View Post
    tested this case out last night with the Touchstone I just received, worked great didn't have to change a thing. Great deal for $5.
    Yea I just got lucky and picked up a HP touchstone charger at Walmart today for $30. The Technocel case from Verizon charges perfect. I didn't think it would work at first since the case has some padding. One thing I got to say, those clips that hold in the touchpad can take alot of heat. I was using a plastic cd case to deflect the heat to the clips only and when I was done bending the 4 clips to where I wanted the clips, I look down at the plastic cd case and I melted half the cd case. Also there was no damage from the heat at all on the leather of the touchpad case, none.
    Last edited by gun4u; 09/15/2011 at 11:48 PM.
    I like the HP TP case because it is slimmer and can be oriented portrait mode on the charger.

I like the Verizon 888-002 case because it doesn't pick up as much lint, dust and stuff on the outside of the case and I like its design that allows for a good stand.

BTW, the 888-002 can fit in the 888-001. It's a tight fit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam123 View Post
    I'm don't know what you are doing differently than me, but I am getting no touchstone love (not that I expected to)
    Other than that though it is quite a nice case. Used a hairdryer to mod it, it took a little effort, but it worked like a charm. Perfect fit. It actually takes a little effort to unclamp it now so that it you can use it as a stand. That is exactly what I wanted, now I know it is secure
    So no touchstone support, but hey it is a leather case for $5 and it is easy to take out to put in the touchstone.
    I will probably still stick with my HP folio for everyday use, but If I am going to make a presentation, or just want to impress someone, I will go for the Verizon case.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I'm don't know what you are doing differently than me, but I am getting no touchstone love (not that I expected to)
    Other than that though it is quite a nice case. Used a hairdryer to mod it, it took a little effort, but it worked like a charm. Perfect fit. It actually takes a little effort to unclamp it now so that it you can use it as a stand. That is exactly what I wanted, now I know it is secure
    So no touchstone support, but hey it is a leather case for $5 and it is easy to take out to put in the touchstone.
    I will probably still stick with my HP folio for everyday use, but If I am going to make a presentation, or just want to impress someone, I will go for the Verizon case.
    make sure to put it on the touchstone the right way. The home button has to be down in portrait and the speakers have to be down in landscape. The other ways don't work (with or without a case). But I use this case on the touchstone all the time.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I don't have a hair dryer, how can I mode it?
    I assume put it into oven will not work :P
    Buy one. They're REALLY CHEAP.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast