Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvu43v3r View Post
    what does the inner side of the folio feel like? You think velcro tape will work?
    it feels a bit like suede. I'd say like a fine felt, but its more like a suede jacket really. Dunno bout velcro tape. Would it really be needed?
    CDHJ... you sure did a great job at bending the tabs to perfectly fit the TP. I will give it another go, and perhaps not only do a better job straightening but also moving the TP so the front cover clip works better.

One question to all that have the folio... do you think that theTP will stay in the folio should it get dropped? Seems the amount of grip in the folio is pretty limited (and almost by design, since you have to unclip to put in one of the "display" positions. Not even so sure an iPAD would be that safe.

Last... the inside cover seems to be "supersuede". But why are you thinking about velcro tape?
    @cdjh & rbrusuelas :
    well, this is for my sis, she s a uni student and a bit careless..lot of walking, running, etc. while putting it in the backpack. So, im afraid the movement, flopping will kill the clip . Also, like you said for easier access to the stand positions, I dont think Im gonna bend the lower clips; then the middle and upper will be weak to hold the TP.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I can't say the touchpad would stay in through a drop. But the iPad probably wouldn't either. I just don't think its made for that. A short drop on carpet, maybe. A drop down the stairs, probably not.

I spent a bunch of time to shape the corners cause I didn't like the loose fit. But the corners at the hinge are made to pop out easier. So if those are looser, no biggie. I just don't prop it up that way much, so I worked those corners pretty good for a tighter fit.

it should be fine in a book bag. I wouldn't expect it to loosen the tabs.
    The Verizon Folio case is mean to protect from casual use, not from the big accident. That's why I got the Verizon Case (888-0001 - $4 shipped - it's a big padded leather envelope that completely entombs the TouchPad) and a Meritline folio/case/stand (188-457-001, $9.99 shipped) that almost completely protects all the TouchPad edges and will never slip out.

Plus, the Meritline case can use the TouchStone in either orientation with the cover open or closed and not sit cockeyed on it.

So far, I'm liking the Verizon Folio case a lot, but my Meritline case is still superior in many respects.
    Last edited by jblather; 09/07/2011 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    The Verizon Folio case is mean to protect from casual use, not from the big accident. That's why I got the Verizon Case (888-0001 - $4 shipped - it's a big padded leather envelope that completely entombs the TouchPad) and a Meritline folio/case/stand (188-457-001, $9.99 shipped) that almost completely protects all the TouchPad edges and will never slip out.

Plus, the Meritline case can use the TouchStone in either orientation with the cover open or closed and not sit cockeyed on it.

So far, I'm liking the Verizon Folio case a lot, but my Meritline case is still superior in many respects.
    Is the gesture area covered on the Meritline case?
    Also does that Meritline flap cover a portion of the speakers on the bottom? The TP will charge in the Verizon case on the touchstone. Does the Meritline?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    this is an exAct replica of the poetic case. Good case and love the design. Great tips/mods
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Is the gesture area covered on the Meritline case?
    Also does that Meritline flap cover a portion of the speakers on the bottom? The TP will charge in the Verizon case on the touchstone. Does the Meritline?

Thanks.
    Gesture area: Yes and no. The home key is not covered and gestures when in portrait mode are easy. The gesture area along the speaker side is covered. I fixed that with a boxknife and cut a 2-inch notch.

Speakers: one is completely open. The other is partially covered but fixed with a box knife. Didn't have to mod that but did anyway.

TouchStone - works better than the Verizon Folio case. Charges in either orientation perfectly.
    Last edited by jblather; 09/08/2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Got mine today, popped my Touchpad in. I honestly don't think it's so bad the way it is, doesn't feel like the Touchpad is gonna fall out, but when I have time I will perfect it with a hairdryer. In the meantime I feel much better having my Touchpad in a case - and for 4 bucks!
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    jblather likes this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I received mine yesterday and the side clips hold on well enough that I don't think i need to bother with bending the corners. Also, the top stays closed without any adjustment as well. I like it very much. Kudo's to the OP.
    anyone got suggestion on how to modify the clasp? Every time I close it, I always think that I will scratch the touchpad. Anyone else worried about the clasp?
    I don't use the clasp, but I think I need to rebend the corner clips to slide the TP a bit closer to the inside edge, which I also think will make the "clasp" work correctly. That is my hope, at least...
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepiiee View Post
    anyone got suggestion on how to modify the clasp? Every time I close it, I always think that I will scratch the touchpad. Anyone else worried about the clasp?
    You'll be fine. I'm the first to worry about things like that and I'm satisfied with the way it closes. If you modify it then you will lose the feature of it closing and will flap open every time. That's the best feature of this case over the OEM one.
    mine arrived today and after a few times taking the touchpad in and out, its already coming apart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    mine arrived today and after a few times taking the touchpad in and out, its already coming apart.
    One of my clips is doing the same, I just got it today too! deceiving as the case as a whole looks good quality!

Instead I heated it to bend all the clips 'away' from the touchpad and just used black velcro to attached the touchpad
    Last edited by bugelrex; 09/09/2011 at 10:06 PM.
    Oh well. Good thing you paid only $5 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepiiee View Post
    If you're worried about how tightly is grabs the side, you can use a hairdryer to heat it up and move it out just a bit.

Mine is also a bit tight, but I'm not worried about it. However, later I might still heat it up to loosen it up.
    anyone try the case with the touchstone ? Does it work with it?
    Yes, I have the Verizon/Technocel folio case. If the speakers face out away from the hinge, then it fits the TouchStone perfectly in landscape mode cover open or closed.

In portrait mode, not so much.
    Last edited by jblather; 09/10/2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    One of my clips is doing the same, I just got it today too! deceiving as the case as a whole looks good quality!

Instead I heated it to bend all the clips 'away' from the touchpad and just used black velcro to attached the touchpad

take them back to a Verizon store and order another if its within 14 days, have 3 and no issues
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast