Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I grabbed one the other day for $4.05 shipped. Already on its way, I hope it comes Monday! Fingers crossed the hair dryer trick works out.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
  2.    #62  
    The should have them at B&M Verizon Wireless stores. They can also order for you.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    I grabbed one the other day for $4.05 shipped. Already on its way, I hope it comes Monday! Fingers crossed the hair dryer trick works out.
    :-/
    Labor day.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    Tried to find a way but without setting up acct using a Verizon phone # I wasn't able to order. Do they have them in stores?
    I have ordered two through Verizon web (one for my wife's iPad) and I don't believe you need yo have a Verizon account to buy them. You should also be able to a retail location to get one or have one ordered.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melonbar123 View Post
    :-/
    Labor day.
    Aww man, I keep forgetting about Labor Day.

Oh well, here's to Tuesday.
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    0001 or 0002
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddreg View Post
    0001 or 0002

0002 is the binder styled case (ignore the pic on Verizon )

0001 is a envelope styled case that fits a touchpad naked
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Got mine at my local Verizon store who matched their online price. Case really felt pretty light weight and cheesy when I first took it out of the box. Slipping in the Tpad obvisouly gives it some heft. Molded the corners and found that I actually like the small form and lightweight pretty well. For a down and dirty, leather (feels kinda funky though), cheap case I don't think you can go wrong. Its only $5 so what if it doesn't work out.
  9. mem
    ordered from verizon.com couple days ago, will be here on tuesday. can't wait to use it.
    Because I love seeing pictures when researching for accessories, since this post directed me to check it out I will post some. This case is GREAT for $5 (found one at the verizon store). Its slim/sturdy/and has a clasp to close the case =awesome!

Nice... it really looks well-made and a step up from the OEM folio. And $5... wow, what a deal. I think mine arrives tomorrow. I went kinda goofy and also ordered the Joby Ori aluminum folio. I'll probably use the Joby at home and the leather one when I travel.
    888-0002

enter zip code, click on the compatible devices tab, below the photo, and choose one.

I think I'm going to like this design better than the HP case I paid five times as much for.
    My Technocel folio just arrived via Fedex. :-) I will be patient and start the mod process this evening so I can take my time with the heating and bending process. But a quick look at the gaps... wow, it seems the gap is about 5mm (1/4") at each corner.

I know you mentioned that there was a pretty big gap, but does what was it about what I am measuring? Will the plastic tabs bend that much?

If not... it was only $5. But concerns expressed about the Joby I also ordered are starting to make me think the Technocel may end up being the one I go with. So hopefully the gap isn't that big a deal.
    I just ordered one from Verizon - Part number 888-0002. I called them to inquire about the photo but it seems they have no idea what is going on or the discrepancy with the photo.

However, they said I could return the item for any reason within 14 days of purchase. There is not a restocking fee if you return within 72 hours or if you do not take the wrapping off of that.
    If you ordered 888-0002 then you will get the Technocel Folio, not the pouch. Pretty amazing... a $40 folio, and they include free shipping (2nd day Fedex), all for $5.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    If you ordered 888-0002 then you will get the Technocel Folio, not the pouch. Pretty amazing... a $40 folio, and they include free shipping (2nd day Fedex), all for $5.
    That's why I've ordered two this morning~! Hella a deal~!
    Can't wait to mod......
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I found one at the local Verizon store. Was marked for $10 but it rang up $5.

It took me 4 tries or so with the hairdryer to get the fit the way I liked it. I found that bending the corners up seemed to help it fit a bit better to the touchpad shape. This required heating the back and quite a bit of force to accomplish. But I'm happy. For a $5 investment, its great.

one thing I don't like is the heft. This case is thick and heavy...compared to the HP case anyhow. But again, for $5, can't go wrong.

I find my favorite position is not one of the intended ones. I like to fold the cover around the back an prop it at a shallow angle this way. The leather is grippy enough for this to work on about any surface even without being locked in place.

thanks for the inspiration!

Edit: Pics

Don't look at my crappy screen protector!

In this pic, I put a red line along the corner where I worked with the hairdryer and bent it up. This took some time but made a difference rather than just bending them inward.

My favorite position....for the touchpad

Last edited by cdjh; 09/06/2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Well not so sure on the Technocel now that I have it. I didn't do a great job on the bends and it doesn't fit that great (crooked, and the clip that secures it closed doesn't work all that well. I will try rebending and hopefully I will like it more. Plus, you have to unlock the bottom clips to use the recline feature. The moral of the story... It may be best to use things designed for the TP.
    Last edited by rbrusuelas; 09/06/2011 at 09:52 PM.
    i ordered one from verizon at 4 AM pacific on friday and my order is still processing
    what does the inner side of the folio feel like? You think velcro tape will work?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast