Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Nice review. With my corp. 25% discount, it works out to be $3.73.
    $4.97 is the normal everyday price.
  3. JLH
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    $4.97 is the normal everyday price.
    nope. They were 9.97 as recently as yesterday. Today they marked it down to 4.97.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    if people like the look/functionality of this case but one that actually is made for the touchpad, i found these:

CLIP - HP Touchpad - BLACK [CLIPBLK_HPTOUCH] - $21.00 : electronicCrap, Accessories for Android Tablets and Phones

Amazon.com: Acase(TM) HP TouchPad High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch WebOS Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB, 32GB (Black): Electronics

it basically seems like more than 1 company sells these cases.

the downside however is they are much more expensive than the verizon ipad one
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    just getting Verizon to price adjust mine, great case at fantastic price
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/01/2011 at 06:25 PM.
  6.    #46  
    $5? Thanks to whoever gave the heads-up. Excellent case for a phenomenal price.
    Just called in an asked for a price adjustment. Seemed to go smooth enough. Yeah, $5 is steal for a case like this. Bad thing is now I have a case and and a Touchstone but no Touchpad.
    I don't see the Technocel case on the verizon website.. Only the Griffin folio. Are these the same? Or do I need to go to a Verizon store and ask for the part number 888-002?
    Quote Originally Posted by abc321 View Post
    I don't see the Technocel case on the verizon website.. Only the Griffin folio. Are these the same? Or do I need to go to a Verizon store and ask for the part number 888-002?
    Question is answered on Page 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Question is answered on Page 1.
    Thanks. Sorry I skimmed through the pages and didn't see the link!
    The part number is 888-0002. You just left out a zero.
    Ack, ordered the day this was posted and got three 888-0001. That is the folio that is pictured. Will keep them as they fit the Touchpad perfectly. Great way to carry around the Touchpad. Not sure if I ordered the wrong one or not. My email confirmation just says Leather Sleeve with Modem Pouch.

Anyway if you are looking for the Technocel case make sure before you order that you are buying 888-0002 as 888-0001 has the same picture on their website. If you are looking for a nice sleeve, buy the 888-0001.

Here's some pictures of the Sleeve.
    Photo Album - Imgur
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster View Post
    Not sure if I ordered the wrong one or not. My email confirmation just says Leather Sleeve with Modem Pouch.
    I think you got confused and ordered wrong. "Leather Sleeve with Modem Pouch" is 888-0001. The 888-0002 should read "Folio Case - Molded Back, Black Leather" in your email.
    Last edited by GSRrR; 09/03/2011 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRrR View Post
    I think you got confused and ordered wrong. "Leather Sleeve with Modem Pouch" is 888-0001. The 888-0002 should read "Folio Case - Molded Back, Black Leather" in your email.
    Yeah. That's what he just got through saying.
    Just picked up 2 of them in the VZ store in Harlem, Manhattan in the Costco/Target complex.

Huge thanks! With corporate discount, it was 3.73 + tax.

Great deal.

If anyone is looking for an OEM ipad 1 case, Target had a few hundred of them in the clearance section for $10. Original price $40. Last month I went there, they were on clearance for $20. My guess is they'll be .99 cents soon enough.

I think this is a way better deal since it's nice leather vs whatever thin material Apple uses.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    thanks OP, just bought 3 of these.
    mwcmwc likes this.
  17.    #57  
    I've compiled a simple how to to make the case fit better for the Touchpad. It's not difficult at all but do it slowly to reduce the chance of error.

1. The 4 circled clips are the ones that don't make contact with the Touchpad. These are going to be the ones that will be heated and bent. The ones circled yellow will be bent more than the ones circle in red, which are bent slightly.

2. To get an idea of how you might need to bend, slide the Touchpad to the righthand side and examine how far the left clips are from the body of the Touchpad. That's how much they need to bend. It was quite a bit for me.

3. Take the Touchpad out.

4. Heat each clip for 15-20 second intervals, concentrating only on the clips. If you heat the case itself, you risk deforming it.

5. The clips should feel warm. Molding it just means bending the clips in toward the center. Do it slowly and just guessimate how much you need to bend it. Remember to bend the yellow circled clips more and the red ones just a bit.

6. Before and after.

7. Wait for the clips to cool and fit in a Touchpad. Don't worry if it's not perfect.

8. Do the fit test from step 2 to see if you need to bend the clips any more. Ideally, the Touchpad should have minimal horizontal movement within the case.
    mem and squareofprimes like this.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    Yeah. That's what he just got through saying.
    (S)he said they were not sure if they ordered wrong or not. I was just pointing out he did order incorrectly because the item name on his email confirmation is for item 888-0001.
    Just ordered one...for a little over $5 it is well worth it considering others have said it works on the touchstone and allows gestures? Now if only I could find a cheap touchstone...
    Tried to find a way but without setting up acct using a Verizon phone # I wasn't able to order. Do they have them in stores?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast