Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Just ordered off the Verizon web site: $10.57 after taxes not too bad - Thanks OP !
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Just ordered off the Verizon web site: $10.57 after taxes not too bad - Thanks OP !
    post the link, dont think the technocel case is showing online, was not when I brought my couple had to buy in store and ship
    jblather already did. (and made the same observation as me) The description is apparently correct, the sku is apparently correct, the pic is apparently wrong.

I say apparently because I cannot confirm 100% for sure but it appears that others have ordered this and got the case not the pouch. Lets say this, I have no reason to doubt what the others have posted and believe it strongly enough that I ordered one for myself (ts called putting your money where your mouth is)

In case jblathers link doesn't make it: Folio Case - Molded Back, Black Leather | Verizon Wireless
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    hope it works out
    just ordered the 888-0002. Will let you guys know if I receive the technocel
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Bingo ... the light just went on. I went to the V-Wireless store and searched on 888-0002 and it brought up the pouch not the case. Then I read the description. The description is about the case !!! Since people (including OP) have ordered 888-0002 and gotten the case, I believe that Verizon has the wrong pic on the website. Thus the confusion.

Sorry OP, that's why I couldn't find it on the Verizon wireless website so not your fault.

I do wish I knew whether it worked with the touchstone. As the OP pointed out in some ways it is nicer than the HP one, is better than most of the others on Amazon/E-bay and it costs 1/2 the price. So I'm in for one.

One other question for the OP (or others too), in the pics for the review there appears to be a screen protector on the Touchpad so I am wondering about that. Is it really necessary? Which one is one that device and how much did it cost? Does it interfere with viewing angles? Cut/increase glare? Decrease brightness? I am asking because I am not familiar with these things and always though that with Gorilla glass they weren't necessary. Thanks in advance.
    That's the original plastic wrap. I kept it on until I got my actual screen protector. I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary to have a screen protector (the case should protect it) but it does keep those scratches away. Gorilla Glass is strong but not invincible. I bought it from eBay, just the cheapest option they had ($4). They have non-gloss protectors that reduces glare (more expensive) but I have no experience with them. A regular screen protector should exhibit no noticeable reduction in viewing angles or brightness. However, sometimes the really cheapo ones have a rainbow sheen to them which can get annoying.
    Just ordered 888-002 as well. I'm supposed to get a 25% discount on accessories through my employer discount, but it didn't show up online. I guess its only in-store purchases. In any case $10.76 after tax with FREE 2-day shipping is a pretty good deal for a leather case any day! Can't wait to get it and see how it fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    Just ordered 888-002 as well. I'm supposed to get a 25% discount on accessories through my employer discount, but it didn't show up online. I guess its only in-store purchases. In any case $10.76 after tax with FREE 2-day shipping is a pretty good deal for a leather case any day! Can't wait to get it and see how it fits.
    Weird, my 25% off works online - I ordered one for $7.43
    nice review
  10.    #30  
    I did the heat trick to the brackets and I must say, it works great.
    I heated the corner clips in 20 second intervals, carefully molding them gradually until I got my desired width. Afterwards, I left it cool and now all clips make contact with the Touchpad and it doesn't flop around when I open it. Very satisfied. Thanks to member sjjones for the advice.
    Also, the case is Touchstone worthy, thanks to SwiftTone's thread.
    As an aside, I received my screen protector. Basic cheapo one from eBay:
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Brand is Insten. Application was a nightmare (dust, bubbles, etc.) but the squeegee card helped and am happy to see there's no rainbow sheen that's common with cheap protectors. For $4, not bad. Shipped a little slow though. Here's a photo. Notice how the clips touch. For $10, I can't find a better case.
    jblather likes this.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melonbar123 View Post
    I did the heat trick to the brackets and I must say, it works great.
    I heated the corner clips in 20 second intervals, carefully molding them gradually until I got my desired width. Afterwards, I left it cool and now all clips make contact with the Touchpad and it doesn't flop around when I open it. Very satisfied. Thanks to member sjjones for the advice.
    Also, the case is Touchstone worthy, thanks to SwiftTone's thread.
    As an aside, I received my screen protector. Basic cheapo one from eBay:
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Brand is Insten. Application was a nightmare (dust, bubbles, etc.) but the squeegee card helped and am happy to see there's no rainbow sheen that's common with cheap protectors. For $4, not bad. Shipped a little slow though. Here's a photo. Notice how the clips touch. For $10, I can't find a better case.

glad it worked for you, great case for $10 or less!
  12.    #33  
    That's the case. I would suggest ordering from your local Verizon wireless store though. The Amazon case is priced higher and you'd probably end up paying shipping. Verizon would be cheaper and you don't need to be a Verizon customer. I wasn't.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Is this the one on Verizon selling for 5 bucks?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fguills75 View Post
    Is this the one on Verizon selling for 5 bucks?
    NO different case this is the 888-0002 thats the 888-0001 (looks like and holds your touchpad like an envelope)
    just ordered the Technocell from Verizon for $10. I will try the hair dryer approach to modify for fit. Thanks for the great review and pictures.
    I did the hair dryer trick and the case now fits like a glove - great case for under $10
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Got this free from amazon had $40 credit because of onsale from amazon messing my TP order lol. Ill get it in on sat and do the heating mod.
    I got mine in yesterday and after much heating and molding it fits like it was made for the TouchPad. The only problem is the rounded edge of the
    TouchPad doesn't want to stay in the groove closest to the user when using the folio as a stand.
    These are on sale on VZW website for $4.97 w/ free 2-day shipping right now get'em while they're hot! Oh, and they DO work with the TouchStone FYI.
    dustindt likes this.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast