Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree25Likes
    The Touchstone is uselss if you purchased a case for your TP, and if you don't have a case for your TP - good luck with all the scratches.
    Wow. That's a shame (about the Pixi)

Between my wife and I, we've got 6. Each of us has one at home, one at work and one in our cars.

The first two we paid near full price for. But the last four I got for somewhere around $7 each. Figured at that price, why not put one in every room of the house - LOL
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    TS is great for the Pre phones; a huge convenience since the micro USB comnector and door (Pre-) hinder easy wire connection. I'm finding it less useful for the Touchpad as it is much easier to connect the wire. Still will use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiddler View Post
    The Touchstone is uselss if you purchased a case for your TP, and if you don't have a case for your TP - good luck with all the scratches.
    It charges right through the OEM case.
    Hmmm funny, I haven't taken my TouchPad out of its case since I put it on and use my Touchstone quite often. Maybe it's because you have a case that isn't compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by snooks570 View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am totally new to WebOS. Will the Touchstone work with the Pre 2 or do I have to buy the smaller inductive charger to specifically work the with the Pre 2?
    You'll need the smaller one for the Pre 2. They are not compatible.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Stop spreading lies...it works thru oem covers, and several others. U shouldnt spread misinformation like this. If you dont know for sure just dont post
    Quote Originally Posted by No1up View Post
    I dont get it...
    I commented on this earlier and referenced the development of wireless charging for EVs being developed as we speak. Here's a link to an automotive video blog that showcases one such product. It's not the first thing the host discusses, so just be patient while he gets to it.

Episode 715 – GM’s August Sales, Used Engines in New Chinese Cars, BYD’s Night of the Long Knives – Autoline Daily

And for you impatient types, here's a newscast that talks about the same thing, just with less detail:

Don't tell me you don't see the advantages of something like this over using cords every time you need a charge.
    Already went through this when the Pre came out. Quite a few threads with a ton of links posted to the development of inductive charging. I know I posted quite a few. And while there are benefits to it with webOS products, it's still proprietary that's useless when you move on. So unless it's uber cheap, I'm just tired of proprietary. Now if other tablets from other companies would build it in, that TP TS would be a no brainer even if it was $60. The ability to lay any tablet on it to charge would be sweet. Make it a touch wider so it could fit my phone too provided it had the capability. Side by side on the bed table would be nice. Or at least put a slot on it to charge a spare cell phone battery. Actually picked up a universal charger where you just slide the pins to adjust for whatever battery I have. Various cameras, phones, you name it. Putting one of those on the underside would make it that much more useful.

That being said, if I pick it up for under $30 it'd be nice. Wouldn't waste my money otherwise. Easy to put on an end table as a viewer and something for company to use if they like. Bookmark email sites, have the USA Today icon handy. Kind of like a guest mode sort of thing.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    You must have either purchased the wrong case, or are somehow not following directions. I haven't taken my TP out of the case in about 10 days and use the TouchStone exclusively and it stays charged. Combination of the two is pretty cool.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    To be honest, a touchstone with a phone works really well. There's something not quite right about using it with a tablet. It's quite tricky to put on correctly and could be knocked off easily.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Would imagine the Touchstone with a touchpad in the HP case would be a nice fit because of the soft touch grippy surface of the case. Can't imagine it not being secure unless you're bumping into the table it's on.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I've had my TP in the HP case on the touchpad since early July without a problem.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345