Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    I bought the touchstone and the keyboard the other day, and just opened it right now and am using it as we speak. As of right now I have it setup on my desk in a laptop orientation. I also have a HP folio case on the TP. I seem to be having trouble setting the TP in portrait/vertical mode with the case on. It just seems to want to slip off. The only thing holding it up while in portrait mode is the back cover that's folded behind the TP. Anyone having trouble with this?

PS. The BT Keyboard make it a hella easier to type. Definitely recommend it!!
    I was wondering about the degree to which the keyboard made for easier typing. I learned typing back in 7th grade, so knocking out a good 46wpm has never been an issue for me. Even on the virtual keyboard I'm able to fly.

just wondering though, does the keyboard have keys that let you arrow through lines of text, instead of being forced to delete as you backspace on the virtual keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by No1up View Post
    i just cant justify another charger.... lol not for $80 not for $40... back it gos...
    You are the most peculiar person I have met so far in life.

Even my grandma thinks the touchstone is the bees knees.
    i just cant justify another charger.... lol not for $80 not for $40... back it gos...
    Well, I'd never have parted with $80 for it myself. But for $40? Lemme at 'em.

But, hey, if you're just itching to sen it back, llet me forward you my address. You can send it my way.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I dont get it...
    Reasons to get a touchstone:
    1. Micro USB connector has the shortest longevity of any charging interface I've used in the last 10 yrs. If you plug it in daily it will malfunction in a yr guaranteed.
    2. Exhibition mode-awesome, underrated feature. I have glimpse set to run a streaming video, tweets and RSS feeds in exhibition mode. This essentially turns my touchpad in to a TV and more in the kitchen. More devs are adding exhibition mode to their apps, the possibilities are endless.
    3. We're in the 21st century, why use wires if you don't need to?
    4. Firesale pricing
    Hope this clears things up.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    so whats the point of th
    Yo, No1up, you got a Touchpad, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but I just got to say the TOUCHSTONE is the best charger there is!
    Last edited by FireFox31; 08/27/2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Well, I'd never have parted with $80 for it myself.
    I said that same thing when I bought my Touchpad on launch day.

I lasted 2 days before I was hunting down a Touchstone locally for it. I'm really spoiled by them. I've said it before in these forums, the Touchpad laying there on the counter with a cable sticking out the side looked like it was on life support.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    why use wires if you don't need to?
    but the Touchstone has a wire
    I was a little wary at first about even spending $35 (Staples price matched walmart.com ) on another charger, but I have to say after using it for one full charge so far, this thing is ****ing awesome! It's worth $35 for the sheer, "OMFG it's beaming death-rays into my shiny new brick and charging it!!!!!" effect.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    what about the people that are buying the case and the touchstone, that is going to be a waste of one or the other
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post

omg.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    what about the people that are buying the case and the touchstone, that is going to be a waste of one or the other
    Why? The HP case works with the touchstone just fine.
    Jophiel likes this.
    The Touchstone can save a lot of wear and tear your USB port may otherwise go through. Other than that, yeah, it's pretty damn superfluous, but at least you got it at 50% off/clearance priced.
    Quote Originally Posted by RYAB View Post
    The Touchstone can save a lot of wear and tear your USB port may otherwise go through. Other than that, yeah, it's pretty damn superfluous, but at least you got it at 50% off/clearance priced.
    Micro-usb ports are supposedly rated at 10k cycles so I don't know how valid that concern really is. With that said, who actually knows how durable the ports really are considering the short amount of time that micro-USB has been around.
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    I hear the next generation is wireless.

LOL!
    Has anyone tried using the TP with a standard induction matt eg: Powermatt?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    1. Micro USB connector has the shortest longevity of any charging interface I've used in the last 10 yrs. If you plug it in daily it will malfunction in a yr guaranteed.
    2. Exhibition mode-awesome, underrated feature. I have glimpse set to run a streaming video, tweets and RSS feeds in exhibition mode. This essentially turns my touchpad in to a TV and more in the kitchen. More devs are adding exhibition mode to their apps, the possibilities are endless.
    3. We're in the 21st century, why use wires if you don't need to?
    4. Firesale pricing
    Hope this clears things up.
    Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove much...I had an LG Dare for nearly 2 years, used a micro USB connector to charge it, and it never had a problem with the connector, and I use the same cable that came with the Dare, to charge my Pre+ in the car or at work, again no problem so far. Perhaps another example of Palm's shoddy craftsmanship. IDK Granted, the Dare didn't have to be recharged every flipping day like my Pre+ does.

While I do like the TS for the phone, and spent full price for it, I just can't seem to justify it for the TP that will be coming tomorrow (Sam's Club order). The TP just doesn't do as many things on the TS as the Pre does, exhibition is alright, but I prefer to leave the screen off, and my phone can answer a call when I pick it up, TP...show the lock screen?

Edit: Another complaint I do have the Pre though, is that stupid USB plug, the TS was almost nice to get rid of fiddling with the flap all the time.

Even at $40, it just seems like an OK accessory, but not something that couldn't just as easily be done with the HP case, a $1 micro USB cable, and a $5 USB wall wart (several of those I have, one for iPod, the Dare, an old BB).

But YMMV.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It's still 30 in the UK, I only paid 89 for the device, I'm just too cheap to pay more 10 at this stage.
    i personally like the way it stands the TP up in a laptop type mode so I can use the BT KB to type. As soon as there is a word processing program for this baby, it is going to replace my laptop for almost all of my Computer needs.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast