1.    #1  
    I haven't seen a thread dedicated to JUST the HP keyboard, so here we go:

When I saw the official bluetooth keyboard discounted for 30 bucks at Office Depot's site, I thought I'd bite. Seemed like a good deal, despite it lacking ESC and ALT keys (really dumb move on HP's part)...

So it just arrived, and I have at all paired up, but I had a few questions, primarily relating to the card view button and the card view in general. Is the only thing the card button does is zoom out to card view, and then, on a second press show the launcher? Is there a way to zoom back into your app? Is there no way to cycle through your active cards? Seems kinda useless to have put the card button on there if you still have to touch the screen to get back into your app, or to cycle to the next one. I'd rather just have had a freakin alt button. Hell, the 2 control buttons, one of them being HUGE, is totally redundant. They could have had 2 more functional keys on the thing (you know...ALT and ESC).

At 30 bucks, I'm quite OK with the package, but it just makes me wonder who at HP made some of these questionable design decisions....

Anyone know if you can actually navigate the cards and I'm just doing it wrong?
    Last edited by jcerwinske; 08/26/2011 at 01:59 PM.
    can you try a flash game that uses arrow controls for me. I want to know if it works for input and it isn't just my Logitech...

Look for the VVVVV demo...it runs good and uses all the arrow keys. I dont have the official but the Android Tablet Logitech which I found out to open cards but it doesn't do volume or brightness...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by serverfull View Post
    can you try a flash game that uses arrow controls for me. I want to know if it works for input and it isn't just my Logitech...

Look for the VVVVV demo...it runs good and uses all the arrow keys. I dont have the official but the Android Tablet Logitech which I found out to open cards but it doesn't do volume or brightness...
    Ok, I started up VVVVVV demo and it seems that the arrow keys do not work, but using WASD does work.

I'm hoping perhaps some patches might be able to enhance the keyboard experience in the future...
    ok so it is a flash input issue...it works everywhere else in the OS..I am guessing it is using the virtual keyboard map...
    I think it is pretty stupid I can't scroll down with the arrow keys in the browser and have to drag the **** with my finger. Also pondNotes doesn't recognize tab as indent which is incredibly frustrating.