Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Knucklehead
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Amazon.com: Targus Zierra Leather Portfolio for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G THZ02302US (Red): Electronics

Picked this up today and gotta say I may be selling my official HP case when it arrives. This case looks super professional, the lid locks in under a fold to stay closed and does the same to stay open, it is a very sturdy stand, and has a built in screen cleaner.

If you don't mind spending a lil more money and want an awesome Touchpad case give this guy a shot.
    Looks great, but looking at the pictures it seems like the thingys that hold the tablet in place may obstruct some of the buttons. Is this the true?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixermaniac View Post
    Looks great, but looking at the pictures it seems like the thingys that hold the tablet in place may obstruct some of the buttons. Is this the true?
    The top right corner tab does cover the power button but the material is flexible and does not obstruct the functionality of the power button.

All other ports and buttons work unobstructed.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ok I lied headphone jack is blocked by the top left anchor as well, I just slide it under the screen to plug in my headphones.
    Here is another Targus case for the TP.

The other one may be the better deal if you can use the tri-fold with the added features.
    Herk_FE and Sukiyaki like this.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post

The other one may be the better deal if you can use the tri-fold with the added features.
    I have seen that one and although I do like the added angles I really like my Zierra.

Today I trimmed a small notch in the leather where the headphone jack is. After being on the road for the whole weekend and flying cross country I have to say the targus case is great.

The power button being covered is a non factor as is the volume up rocker being covered because full functionality is still maintained.

My only queep is the fact games on the TouchPad only run with the speakers down and the cases stand feature is not conducive to gaming as it orientates the touchpad with the speakers up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post

The review said it would charge on the touchstone, too.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The review said it would charge on the touchstone, too.
    Maybe it's just me but I threw on the official TP case I ordered from HP and threw it on the touchstone and I didn't like it at all. The flap is in the way no matter what I do or how I orient it and I would much rather just slide my TP out my portfolio case and slap it on the touchstone than deal with the official HP case.

*edit*

Just tested my Zierra case and it will charge on the touchstone in portrait mode with the cover closed if you just want it to charge and don't care about exhibition mode.
    Last edited by herk_fe; 08/29/2011 at 08:10 PM.