Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    When I spoke to the HP rep at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, she said that another advantage of having the TP, is you could use the AC charger from the TP on the Palm Pre + phone, and it would charge in 1/2 the time (or so). Of course, you can not go the other direction (using the Pre to charge the TP). Is this true? Can the TP AC charger do any damage if used on the Pre? It would be nice to just have to carry one charger.

Thanks.
    The charger will work fine on both phones and the tablet.
    Yes it's true, it won't damage your phone. I charge my Pre- on occasion with my TouchPad cord/adapter.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    One more question... can the AC TP charger be used on the Pre Touchstone and not cause any problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmc View Post
    One more question... can the AC TP charger be used on the Pre Touchstone and not cause any problems?
    I've used the Touchpad USB charger with a phone Touchstone. No ill effects so far. The voltage is the same, but it delivers 2x the watts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Has anyone treid this with non-HP / Palm phones? I have a HTC Desire Z around and would love to only take one charger with me when I travel. Could the higher charging capacity damage anything?
    it should not. The phones take only the watts they could use. Its like your tv. Your ac network could provide for example 16 ampere, but your tv use only the energy it needs to do its job.