1.    #1  
    I have tried pairing the touchpad wireless keyboard with the pre3 but it is asking for a password.

There is nothing about the password in the documentation as far as I can see. Any ideas?

(it won't let me leave the password blank)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I would like to know as well. Not having had much dealings with bluetooth equipment I am not knowledgeable in that area.
    I don't have either of those devices. However, I seem to remember an earlier thread (or video?) that said you pick the password on the phone, then type it into the keyboard. Might have to hit enter.

If you can't pick the pairing password on the pre3, try 1234.

NOrmally when pairing bluetooth devices, it doesn't matter what password you pick, as long as you use the same one on both devices.

Please let us know if you have any success.
    try typing in 0000 then press enter on the phone. Then enter 0000 then press enter on the keyboard.

Or give that a try that with any key that was given.
    finally got it to work with Veer.... tried 0000 got failed

tried 1234 on Veer, let it attempt to pair for a few seconds then hit 1234, looked back at Veer and it was paired.

I was able to compose and send a text. Card view button didn't work, didn't test anything else right now.

Now I need to play with it and my new USB BT adapter to get it to work at home.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    I used 1234 on the pre3 then typed 1234 on the keyboard.

Worked like a charm (except some of the buttons do nothing like card view etc).
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    im contemplating getting the bluetooth keyboard also. should i get it. hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    im contemplating getting the bluetooth keyboard also. should i get it. hmmm.
    It's nice! I love it and carry it with the TP when I bring it to work, it's crazy slim and after typing on it for a while is way better than the netbook keyboard.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Picked up an HP TP BT KB for about $20 for my Pre 2. I am really enjoying using it to type notes, memos, etc. I may leave my netbook home and take it and the Pre 2 to tweet coverage of the state General Assembly special session, since it is such a joy to use!

Amazing how much it looks like my work Apple iMac BT KB.
    I'm sure that is a coincidence.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Hello everybody,

I`ve got a Pre 3, too and i`m pretty fine with it. Yesterday i bought Picsel Smart Office and i like it, even there are some bugs like you are not able to use the "Sym" Button, so Excel is some kind of useless or you can`t even use the symbols like ="$% and so on.

Now i would like buy the Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard to fix the "Sym" prob and for letting my notebook at home and to carry my pre 3 with me to university.

But i read some things about the special webos keys do not function with the Pre3.

Is there a patch or a fix by preware/homebrew? Or is it possible to re-edit the keyboard driver in internalz by myself?!

Thanks for an answer in anticipation
    Thomas
    Old thread; sorry for the late (13 months) reply...

I just paired my HP TP keyboard with my pre3 (after pairing it with the TP), and it surely is nice to be able to type with more than just thumbs. ;-)

As for limitations with SmartOffice and the sym key, I doubt that the keyboard would work (I don't have SmartOffice installed, as I haven't seen that it supports OpenOffice, and I deal with way more OpenOffice docs than MS Office docs). I suggest contacting Picsel support and asking them about the sym key issue, if it has not already been addressed by a subsequent update (I believe they are still supporting the webOS version of their product).

Cheers

Lewis
    try typing in 0000, good luck