1.    #1  
    Rather than looking for a screen protector only, I like to have FULL BODY SKIN (CLEAR / INVISIBLE / TRANSPARENT only) for the TouchPad.

Can someone recommend some less expensive (less expensive than ZAGG) alternatives? Please post any applicable coupon code.

Two examples I found are:

Phantom Skinz |HP TouchPad, cell phone skins, screen protectors, cases, covers, shields, full body protection

HP TouchPad Screen Protectors and Clear Skins by BodyGuardz

Please post your suggestions. Help?
    Least expensive I can find is $24 shipped.

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - HP TouchPad Skin Protector Shield Full Body with LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Electronics

$1 cheaper direct from the company.

http://www.armorsuit.com/hp-touchpad...protector.html

I'm going with just a cheap screen protector myself. The case is probably going to crack around the speakers and USB port anyway, so not too worried about keeping that part pristine.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    the armorsuit one won't protect it from any of that since it doesn't surround the speaker grills. My TP already has the crack around the speaker and that was after I installed the skin. I've been very gentle with the device but it cracked anyway. I'm going to send it back to HP to get it fixed.
  4. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    on another note, I've seen pictures of the bodyguardz one and it uses separate tabs to place on the sides of the TP. I'm in the process of ordering a few of them to cover my three TP's.
    so this one isn't recommended?
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
    I've tried Phantom skinz products on my iPhone 4 and they're of exceptional quality.

I will be ordering a full body kit for my TP since they still have the 25% discount code available.

Just don't know if I should get the Carbon fiber or the matte finish kit.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    How good does the Phantom Skinz cover the SIDES of the TouchPad? It appears that most of the so-called skins are terrible and do not protect the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    I've tried Phantom skinz products on my iPhone 4 and they're of exceptional quality.

I will be ordering a full body kit for my TP since they still have the 25% discount code available.

Just don't know if I should get the Carbon fiber or the matte finish kit.
    Putting a sticker on it isn't going to prevent it from cracking. It's a faulty design, just accept that there will be cracks.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'm curious as to rather or these skins (particularly the bodyguardz one) will fit inside the official HP case if you chose to use one of those as well sometimes?
    I'm going to throw Clearfreak.com out there. I have one on both my HTC and both my ipod touchs and have been satisfied. They have an ebay store that sells front only, but if you go to their site the front and back is available for $14.99 plus $2-3 shipping. They have a 1 time use code for 30% off right now too (INEEDCLEAR) which makes both sides less then $15 after shipping. They are based in Virginia so shipping has always been swift. They have quite a bit of positive reviews (over 13,000) in their ebay store here: eBay My World - clearfreakmobile

I just ordered the front only so it should be here in a few days.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  11. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amlodipine View Post
    I'm not saying that, I'm just saying it won't protect the touchpad from getting the crack around the speaker area. The skin itself is great and wasn't that difficult to install. I just saw pictures from another members install of his bodygaurdz skin and decided that's what I really want because it has separate pieces that cover the complete side and actually surround the speaker grill so even if a crack does occur you won't really see it.