Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Demiroquai
  • 1 Post By blue duck butter
  1.    #1  
    So I dislike how the Official HP Touchpad Case doesn't have a magnetic cover. Oh well.

There should be a sticky'd thread for all the accessories available for the Touchpad, it won't be that long of a list.

Also does the Touchpad need a screen protector or is it like ipod touch's which somehow never smudge?
    it smudges a lot, but a special coating makes it easy to clean.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it smudges a lot, but a special coating makes it easy to clean.
    Ah ok, sounds good. I assume microfiber cloth + small bit of water will do the trick right?
    I recommend ONLY the cloth. No water.
    However, I have no proof that a little bit would be bad.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
    Ah ok, sounds good. I assume microfiber cloth + small bit of water will do the trick right?
    water is not necessary. Cleans easy
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Z Overlord likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the responses so far, I'm so glad this forum isn't dead
    I don't know that a magnetic cover would be possible - it'd need another magnet or metal to be attracted to behind the glass, and I don't think it's there.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  8.    #8  
    Ah oh well.

Was HP the only ones who made accessories for it? I'd like to know more about accessories, I've only seen the HP ones so far.

Also, is there a quick start guide or something for new users? I want to know the basics, like how people are magically putting Ubuntu on this.
    Last edited by Z Overlord; 08/24/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
    Ah oh well.

Was HP the only ones who made accessories for it? I'd like to know more about accessories, I've only seen the HP ones so far.

Also, is there a quick start guide or something for new users? I want to know the basics, like how people are magically putting Ubuntu on this.
    I'm sure there will still be some third party manufacturers making accessories for the TouchPad. There are a LOT of TouchPads in the wild now that need accessories.
  10.    #10  
    I suppose

Well for cases, is leather the best? How's this?
    IP has an oleophobic coating which prevents finger prints, TP has no oleophobic coating hence it is a finger print magnet, esp since its a touchpad and one need to touch in order to do anything
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  12.    #12  
    lol typical

Well is a screen protector recommended? I always sucked at putting those on my old DS Lite.
    Lawsuit from Apple waiting to happen...
  14.    #14  
    uh no
    I think the roocase has magnetic flap.
    Z Overlord likes this.
  16.    #16  
    So are screen protectors recommended? If so, what kinds?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    The Targus Zierra case I bought today has a flap that the lid slides under to secure itself. It's not magnetic but it seems to stay very well secured. It is a little on the large side but I am glad I shelled out the extra money to pick it up.