Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By h2o826
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    So this morning me and my brother went to scurry for some touchpad cases, a previous poster recommonded office depot. About 5 mins after searching for the TP stuff, we asked one of the employees if they had any cases, touchstones, or keyboards left. he responded "sorry we are all out," and showed us their shelf spot, and said they are not getting any more after my inquiry. He then went ahead and asked if we were you able to get a touchpad? my bro responded yeh i was able to get one, but it was really hard to get, had to wait in line. He then said "Are you planning on flashing it to Android?" I walked away cursing him in my head, my brother said, No why would I, i love WebOS its the best operating system. The gentlemen paused and said, I have one more touchstone left, do you want it? we said yes, he pulled out a key from his pocket went to a locked door and retreived us one. (only after we got home we saw the post for the officemax spend 40 get 10 off coupon, anyone think they will honor that after purchase?)

Was that not a test or what? There was actually a palm fan and a knowledgable employee? and seriously are their noobs flashing their tp to android? /facePALM!

Afterwards we went to best buy to find a case (sis bday 2day) and the 3 people we asked did not know what the touchpad was. "Do you guys have any touchpad accessories?" "what kind of touchpad, apple?a"
    Thats awesome!
    the man was a legend tbh, rare u see some1 with some balls like that.
    Maybe I'm confused a little but why the face palm? why wouldn't someone want a different OS on their tablet? Not everyone is gonna love webOS.

I love android and webOS alike. Each OS has their own strengths and weaknesses that cater to different needs.

I may have sold my xoom and kept my touchpad but I definitely do miss a wider availability of apps as well as knowing that my OS is going to be getting regular updates. On top of that I've noticed that there are quite a few apps in the HP app market that are 4.99+. kalem media player is 6.99!! I can get a media player of similar or better quality for free on the android marketplace.

I mean no disrespect to you because I now am a huge fan of webOS but personally I think it's nonsense in this age of technology to think it's crazy to port an OS to a different device.
    maybe the fact their denying proper webOS users limited hardware, where-as droid hardwares still available, ours is not.

thats why the facepalm/hate tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    maybe the fact their denying proper webOS users limited hardware, where-as droid hardwares still available, ours is not.

thats why the facepalm/hate tbh.
    Ya I guess I can understand that then. HP really needs to take care of the people who have made the OS a continued reality. I'm definitely thankful for those people.