Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Still works. Just ordered my carbon fiber white one with the discount. Not sure if I'm going to put the screen protector on though.
    Thanks OP.
  2.    #22  
    Like the stealth armor back, though wish it didn't have the hole to display the HP logo. Was not impressed with quality of the screen protector. Now I know why there is no warranty for Touchpad firesale purchasers.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I installed the Tungsten today and it was pretty easy. I first wiped the back with a micro fiber towel, then the spray, and lastly I dried it with the micro again. I peeled the the backing of the cover half way until I reached the bottom cut out of the circle, after that it took me about 3 times to center it right. Once I had the circle centered, I then removed the rest of the backing and began to flatten it using the micro towel. Finally I used the hair dryer at low and started fanning the hot air onto the back while pressing down using the ol' trusty micro t. I'm loving the look and feel of the cover, it gives it a steel look which compliments the weight and overall feel of the tp. I feel this is how the TP should have came from factory. I didn't use the front screen protector since I already have an anti glare matte screen on. Here are the results.

Compared to my Aluminum HP Laptop

Compared to the original back.

One big happy HP family
    Wow... looks awesome. You did a great job, and I like the Tungston look.

And btw, I like having the hp logo showing through.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Thanks and yes I agree, I like having the cut out for the logo. It's my badge of honor and I'm proud to show it.
    I didn't know you could use the spray for the back. Took me a lot of tries continually get mine positioned right, having to peel it off each time.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I used the spray to clean it only, it was dry application.
    I'm curious what the cover feels like. I'm wondering if they are soft feeling or metal feeling and if the ones that look like metal feel the same as the carbon fiber ones. thanks
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderbread57 View Post
    I'm curious what the cover feels like. I'm wondering if they are soft feeling or metal feeling and if the ones that look like metal feel the same as the carbon fiber ones. thanks
    The skin has a synthetic metal feel. It is vinyl, but has a nice feel to it. Kind of like the carbon fiber vinyl. It has ridges and has a nice cool to the touch feel. I really like it, I'm so glad I went with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    HP TouchPad StealthArmor Full Body Kit Fire Sale On Now - SlashGear

"This fire sale makes use of the coupon code HPFIRESALE which you’ve just got to enter into the coupon code section on the Stealth Armor website. This coupon will get you $15 off a full body kit for the HP TouchPad, this kit normally priced at $35 total. This full body kit includes a front protective screen and a custom back film made with the finish of your choice. "

Premium Covers and Cases for Iphone, iPad, iPod, Laptops | StealthArmor
    or you can find it on ebay around that price (if you discount the tax from the equation) shipping and tax put it near 30 for me regardless. get your ***** on amazon or ebay people!
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Finally got a set of TPs in for the fam... and after finally holding the slippery back the first thing I did was order a Carbon Fiber Black and the Tungsten. I wanted two different ones and almost went with the wood grain as #2, last minute I changed it to the Tungsten. And after seeing those Pics I'm glad I did.
    So, it doesn't wrap around the edge like other skins?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjchow245 View Post
    Yes, it indeed does.
    Does the Stealth Armor full body kit work well with touchstone charger? thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12