1.    #1  
    I need help deciding which one to get. The official HP one or the one from Verizon for the Ipad. I can get the Verizon for under 10 but I will have to wait to get the HP one until another sale happens. From what people has said is that the Ipad one might restrict some touch functionality and some plug in ports along with the camera. Which one would you get/own and why? Thanks for the help.
    If you get are getting the Touchstone, then get the TouchPad case because you can charge the TouchPad on the Touchstone without removing the case.
    +1
    Get the HP Folio Case, it's only $19.99 + tax at Office Depot, I got it yesterday with a $39.99 TouchStone and they work great. And yes, you can charge the TP with the case on! Magic!!!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I have them both. The Verizon one is miserable to use because you can't touch the bottom of the TouchPad in landscape mode.
    Also hard to touch the on/off position.

That said, it does me well for $5 I paid when I didn't have the HP one. When I travel I sometimes fold the the Hp covered Touchpad inside the Verizon one without slipping it inside, just for extra cover at the airport.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think you talked me into waiting for a deal on the HP folio. I do plan on getting a touchstone. I am hoping to get a touchstone for about 20 and the case for 10 that is where my instant buy prices are for them. Hope deals pop up soon.
    Scored the HP folio case for $19 at my local Office Depot. I heard Walmart is selling theirs for the same price.
    From launch day Pre- to firesale TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by hungyellow View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think you talked me into waiting for a deal on the HP folio. I do plan on getting a touchstone. I am hoping to get a touchstone for about 20 and the case for 10 that is where my instant buy prices are for them. Hope deals pop up soon.
    Think you will be waiting a while for those prices. Both items are flying off the shelves at double the price.

When I posted the BB deals yesterday all my local stores had stock of all accessories and they had online stock. Check at 8:00 am this morning, everything sold out.

Only stock hanging around is the $30ish case, and even that is limited.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Think you will be waiting a while for those prices. Both items are flying off the shelves at double the price.

When I posted the BB deals yesterday all my local stores had stock of all accessories and they had online stock. Check at 8:00 am this morning, everything sold out.

Only stock hanging around is the $30ish case, and even that is limited.
    Yeah I agree with you. If it is close I will jump on it and I understand that it might be a while. I am willing to wait. I think it would be more reasonable if I bump it $5 more. I am more wanting the folio so I think I will buy that first. The touchstone I can wait for that. I am ok with charging it with the cord. Again everyone thanks for the inputs.
    Picked up the case at half off on BB. My initial impressions are: It's OK, Its great that it charges on the touch stone, but I wish there was a latch or something to keep the cover on it closed. This is TOTAL nitpicking, but I have had it less than 3 days and the cover is already drooping slightly when I have it on the TouchStone. I can only imagine how it is going to hold up over time. All in all, I am glad I got it b/c it hides and protects fingerprints and scratches on the back, and at 24.99 its not a bad bargin.
    As a followup, here is a pic as to what I am talking about in the last post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honestly, I would avoid the HP case. I'm returning mine to amazon. I did not care for it at all. It really isn't sturdy and the cover is drooping already. Build quality isn't great. Doesn't seem like it is going to hold up in the long run. You also have to "snap" the touchpad into the case with some force, which I can't imagine will be good for the touchpad backing, given it is plastic...taking it out is the same situation but in reverse. I guess if you put the touchpad in the case and never take it out you might be ok. Touchstone charging is a plus though, as is being able to still use gestures.

Also, if your looking at the Ipad folio on verizon, I would also check out the multi angle Roocase for the touchpad. It's sold on amazon. A little pricy at $25 however they are very very well made. I'm impressed with the build quality. Ordered some for my family and they all like it a lot( sadly I ordered the HP case at the same time for myself...should have went with the Roocase instead as they are now out of stock til early September).
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vryce666 View Post
    Picked up the case at half off on BB. My initial impressions are: It's OK, Its great that it charges on the touch stone, but I wish there was a latch or something to keep the cover on it closed. This is TOTAL nitpicking, but I have had it less than 3 days and the cover is already drooping slightly when I have it on the TouchStone. I can only imagine how it is going to hold up over time. All in all, I am glad I got it b/c it hides and protects fingerprints and scratches on the back, and at 24.99 its not a bad bargin.
    I put mine on the TS with the speakers down. Works great.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vryce666 View Post
    As a followup, here is a pic as to what I am talking about in the last post.
    Thanks for the pic. That helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jjchow245 View Post
    Honestly, I would avoid the HP case. I'm returning mine to amazon. I did not care for it at all. It really isn't sturdy and the cover is drooping already. Build quality isn't great. Doesn't seem like it is going to hold up in the long run. You also have to "snap" the touchpad into the case with some force, which I can't imagine will be good for the touchpad backing, given it is plastic...taking it out is the same situation but in reverse. I guess if you put the touchpad in the case and never take it out you might be ok. Touchstone charging is a plus though, as is being able to still use gestures.

Also, if your looking at the Ipad folio on verizon, I would also check out the multi angle Roocase for the touchpad. It's sold on amazon. A little pricy at $25 however they are very very well made. I'm impressed with the build quality. Ordered some for my family and they all like it a lot( sadly I ordered the HP case at the same time for myself...should have went with the Roocase instead as they are now out of stock til early September).
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into the case. Only reason I looked into the Ipad folio on Verizon is because it was under 10 bucks. But of what people said I think I am going to pay more for one that is made for the TP.
    It all depends on how you set it on the TS as the OP said. It only droops from sitting portrait on the TS is you don't use TS or set in landscape no problem. Mine droops like that when it's on the TS but hasn't affected overall usability at all, and I have been using mine for well over a month on the TS every night and most of the day if I don't take it to work.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If you are considering a Verizon folio, make sure you go for the Technocel one. The Belkin covers the bezel and prevents gestures. I would also consider not going for the HP folio due to warping issues. I have a review of the Verizon case with lots of photos at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3105439
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by melonbar123 View Post
    If you are considering a Verizon folio, make sure you go for the Technocel one. The Belkin covers the bezel and prevents gestures. I would also consider not going for the HP folio due to warping issues. I have a review of the Verizon case with lots of photos at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3105439
    Thanks! Nice review.
  18.    #18  
    Afterlooking around the past couple days I think I am going to go with a roocase because of quality.
  19.    #19  
    In case anyone is wondering I bought this case through a SD thread.

Roocase for HP touchpad pricedrop- $26.36 - Slickdeals.net
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Have both technocel case is better looking for business and for $10 delivered cant beat the price, Leather quality is excellent.

hp is a good case but looks just average and very clumsy if being used while its on the touchstone
    Last edited by sjjones; 08/31/2011 at 07:01 PM.