Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
    I guess I won't get one, watching the videos it looks like the biggest pain in the *** in the world.
    Haha yeah these things can be a pain to install and keep from getting bubbles under the surface. I had a difficult time when I did one on my old first gen iPod touch when I got it. Wound up badly botching up the first the first one(luckily i had 5 pack). The second one turned out ok minus one or two bubbles on the edge and off screen that I cant realy see anyways since its covered by a case.

I think it was well worth it on the touch though as it greatly reduced finger prints. Plus it may have also helped protect the glass in the middle of screen a little from cracks/scratches because I've managed to knock it off a bed side table a number of times
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Paid $6 for a 3-pack of Pixi screen protectors. Buggered one up attempting to install it. Second one went on perfectly. Has been there ever since. Has not peeled off, has not scratched. And if it does, I have one more spare.

You go right ahead and pay 3-4 times as much for a single protector if it makes you feel better. That's one hell of an expensive clear plastic sticker.
    Where did you pick them up?
    HandHeldItems.com.

And since my original post about their screen protectors in this thread, their Touchpad screen protector has become their daily best seller, and the website seems to be experiencing load issues. Not sure I can claim exclusive credit for this, but... LOL!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    If you just want a piece of plastic to protect against scratches then any film will do. However, if you want to read the display when you are outdoors then you'd want the NuShield DayVue antireflective film. It eliminates glare by cancelling light bouncing off the display. It is well worth the money and its the only film of its type on the market today.
    Has anyone found a cheap and good solution to just protect the back of the device? I don't care much about a screen protector as my fingers won't scratch it. But I keep putting it on its back all the time on different surfaces and I'd like not to care about it. Any suggestions?

I could find some of those carbon-looking stuff for aroud USD 20-30, but I think that's a little much. Additionally I don't need any carbon look (don't mind it though).
    I still have the original plastic on mine. I bought a six pack from Amazon for $12. It should arrive this week. I really want the case.
    I bought the Acase brand from amazon:

Amazon.com: Acase(TM) HP TouchPad AcaseView Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for HP TouchPad Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB (3-Pack): Electronics

They give you 3 and surprisingly, they are actually really good. I am a big supporter for powersupportusa.com screen protectors (pricey but very easy to install but they dont make for touchpad) and if you are familiar with that brand, the Acase are pretty close in touch and clarity.

So for $100-$150 investment, I wouldn't spend too much on a screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Is it really necessary? I'm debating getting one. Had a zagg on my Pre- and ended up taking it off (orange peel effect). I'm wondering if it'll take away from the experience on my TP.
    If anybody that got one after a few days could lmk what they think it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
    I just got one today (15$). It is too thick IMO. Ill probably remove it soon.
    I bought the armoursuit militarysheild on amazon for $21 without shipping. It comes with a black carbon fiber backing and a screen protector with lifetime replacements. I'll post a review and some pictures when I get it later this week. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Look on Amazon for protectors made by Spare Parts or Generiks. I'm probably going to give the Spare Parts brand a try because they are selling a 4-pack for $11, and I have 4 Touchpads coming. They also sell 2, 3 and 6-packs. Generiks sells pretty much the same thing, but for $1 more they also advertise a Lifetime Guarantee, if that means anything to you (doesn't to me).
    Hey, I just ordered the HandHeldItems 3 pack and didn't see this post until afterward. Let us know how the Spare Parts protectors work; I'll do the same with the HandHeldItem models.
    Don't pay too much for it. It costs less than 2 dollars in Taobao (China's Ebay).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Hey, I just ordered the HandHeldItems 3 pack and didn't see this post until afterward. Let us know how the Spare Parts protectors work; I'll do the same with the HandHeldItem models.
    Good idea, will do. Although I haven't actually received my Touchpad from HP SMB yet, so it will be a while.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    just got Acase screen protectors in today, pack of 3 for 16 bucks...it has a glass feel, not sticky like zagg. It has a light adhesive backing....takes a while to install but it looks great...the fit is pretty spot on
    I was looking to get one from ebay for $3-4. Do anyone have experience with these? I can see myself spending $20 for a piece of plastic and I don't see it being that much better. I do want something though because I keep my touchpad in a neoprene pouch case with the micro USB charger.
    I got my ebay 3 pack, I'm glad I ordered the 3 pack. Installing took literally 15 seconds, but there was a mark on the protector, it was the outline of the applicator (which feels like it was made out of a razor blade.) I think it was pushed against the protector during shipping. So I ripped that one off and applied the second 1, the fitment is terrible, its on and seems to be a few mm too long, but I'd rather have it on then just use the screen. It feels great and there's no fingerprints, but it was cheap and I just wished it fitted slightly better.
    I just took mine off. Its so much nicer without it. Like not wearing a condom
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    I just took mine off. Its so much nicer without it. Like not wearing a condom
    I like it raw too
    I have a skinomi on my Pre+ and its over 1 year old with zero problems. Highly recommend their products!
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by D3AN View Post
    just got Acase screen protectors in today, pack of 3 for 16 bucks...it has a glass feel, not sticky like zagg. It has a light adhesive backing....takes a while to install but it looks great...the fit is pretty spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by jm821 View Post
    I bought the Acase brand from amazon:

Amazon.com: Acase(TM) HP TouchPad AcaseView Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for HP TouchPad Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB (3-Pack): Electronics

They give you 3 and surprisingly, they are actually really good. I am a big supporter for powersupportusa.com screen protectors (pricey but very easy to install but they dont make for touchpad) and if you are familiar with that brand, the Acase are pretty close in touch and clarity.

So for $100-$150 investment, I wouldn't spend too much on a screen protector.
    Also got the Acase. They are similar in feel and look to the power support for iphones.
    Just installed my acase matte, great fit.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast