Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've gone in the last three mornings to ask about the touchstone, and each time the manager has told me that the price hasn't dropped yet. Getting irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Does Walmart price match their own online prices?
    I'm with you, really thinking I will pay $5 to $10 more for the case (would have got one from BestBuy if I knew we were getting my wife's TP before late last night). Want to get the case before the wife's TP gets here though so we will see if I feel like wasting all this time running around. It has gotten tiresome and this is day 7 of the frenzy for me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Having paid full price almost a week ago for the case and touchstone, I am going to head to wal-mart tomorrow to see if they will price-match the online price. It sounds like it is a toss-up. I'll post how it goes. Hopefully the price drops tonight. Otherwise I have ordered the same items from Amazon for slightly less (not considering tax), so when they arrive I will return them to wal-mart.
    I went ballistic with the manager of the Walmart for not price matching their own web price. I told him that their commercials that have the employees yell "Just match it!" was nothing more than Communist propaganda.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    I went ballistic with the manager of the Walmart for not price matching their own web price. I told him that their commercials that have the employees yell "Just match it!" was nothing more than Communist propaganda.
    I was on the phone with the CSM telling me that I would have to bring in a printed ad from the paper or an ad from the website of a competitor (not the online item description, and that they would call the other store to verify the price and IF it were still in stock, they might be able to price match it) when that commercial came on. I told her the commercial I was watching said I didn't even need to bring in a print ad. She didn't really know what to say...
    I just got 2 docks and 2 cases from local Staples here in Phoenix. I just walked in and asked. They had a boxes of the stuff up above on one of those "warehouse" shelves. Guy asked me how many I wanted! LMAO! I'm not a jerk, didn't buy them all like some would and resell on Craigslist. But I feel inclined to pass along this nugget of knowledge. Don't call, forget checking the websites, just show up! Oh, and I only paid $19 bucks for each item! Price matched HP's web site where it says, "From $19.00." So, substantial win for me! Good luck to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastboyscout151 View Post
    Price matched HP's web site where it says, "From $19.00." So, substantial win for me! Good luck to all.
    LOL, that's DIRTY!

But congrats.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin View Post
    I told him that their commercials that have the employees yell "Just match it!" was nothing more than Communist propaganda.
    Funniest thing I've read today!!!
    A couple of each of Best Buy, Staples and Wal mart in area were sold out when I checked.

Was told at a BB, people lined up at 7am for a chance of Touchpad in stock that morning..and instead they took the accessories. Really?
    Finally found a Wal mart with 2 on the rack.. Manager wouldn't price match... Grrrrr, I think I am done with this running around too.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Bought the touchstone charging dock at $36.01 and keyboard @ $22.00 from Provantage.com yesterday ($7.95 shipping for both). Went back today to buy the case for $19.99 (23.05 with shipping).
    This made me laugh. Those Walmart are a bunch of Fascist *******s.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    My Wallyworld wouldn't budge on the touchstone, Stables and Office Depot were sold out, as are most websites. I found a couple at GovGroup.com I got 2 after shipping and handling for $73.84. A little worried though as it said item ships in 2-3 weeks. A sign it's not stocked? Still waiting for a confirmation email.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Just got conformation, and PayPal charge.
    Last edited by 2TouchDroid?; 08/26/2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Update Price
    So I originally purchased the case a touchstone and a case at full price, however a funny thing happened when I went to return it (not exchange or price match). They started to negotiate with me to keep the touchstone. They had no problem keeping the case, which was fine as I had got it for 19.99 somewhere else.They were made me an offer to keep the touchstone (which was new in the box, never opened) for $35 plus tax (they made a comment about it not being in the system any longer so it was more work to take it back, which was funny as the barcode scanned fine). Overall I am happy, now I just have to return some of the other accessories that I did not pick up at such favorable prices (1 touchstone from amazon for $70 and one from PC Richards for 49.99, and a case from amazon for $35).

I'll let you know if i get any deals there.
    Local walmart had 5 cases in stock and wouldn't price match the web site... still priced at $50
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Local walmart had 5 cases in stock and wouldn't price match the web site... still priced at $50
    Mine too. I checked again today since I had to some other shopping to do there. 5 cases and 4 Touchstones. Considering I live in BFE,they may still be there in another 10 years at that price.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I picked up a spare charger and touchstone at my local Walmart last night. Had to wait forever to get a manager to approve a price match with their online price. While I was waiting someone bought the last case (I was planning on buying it, but it was on a locked peg and a different clerk got it for the other customer. Grrr.) The manager eventually showed and didn't even dispute the price match. She looked pretty stressed out by the fact that the store was being emptied of hurricane supplies, so I think she just wanted to move on.
    just price matched at WalMart on the case and touchstone...$19 and $35 plus tax, they needed minimal convincing.

best part is, I just did the math, I'm under $200 for the 16gb, HP keyboard, touchstone, and HP case.

who wants to buy an ipad2?
    I've now gone in for a 4th time in 4 days and no one will price-match a touchstone. So I went over to Staples and they price-matched to Walmart's website (they had one in the back = luck!). I went back over to Walmart just to test if they would price-match the receipt, but they said since it wasn't an ad, they wouldn't do it. Walmart can kiss my cheap ***.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I went into a Walmart today, online said out of stock, but they had a case and touchstone sitting there on the racks.

Asked first employee if they would price match the sale prices, she said, "no" typically only local competitors. I asked who would make that decision and she got me a manager. Manager price matched the walmart.com website and was shocked at the price difference. Walked out with case (19) and touchstone (35).
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just some advice at Wal-Mart. Be persistent. It just takes the right manager on duty to price match. I've gotten them to price match Touchpad ($99) Touchstone ($35) and Case ($19).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast