1.    #1  
    Since there are no silicone cases made specifically for the Touchpad and not wanting to spend so much on the official case, I decided to see how well the iPad cases fit. The iPad is slightly larger than the Touchpad with sharper corners. However, after some initial testing, I found the case "good enough" especially for the price. With a little bit of modification, the skin should actually fit pretty well.

The particular case I got is from "dexim." I noticed there were many of these kinds, both hard and soft cases, at the local outlets like Ross, Marshall's, TJ-Maxx, etc. I really like the red color so for $3, I bought it:

Inside, the package comes with a lot of extras, namely 2 front screen protectors, 2 wipes, 2 cards to apply the protector, and the silicone case. One screen protector alone goes for about $4 so this is quite a good deal. The silicone itself is very soft, slightly heavy so it'll add a few ounces to the already weighty Touchpad. The screen protectors are standards ones you'll find on eBay:

Faux iPad compared to a real Touchpad:

Touchpad in the case. Notice the space around the edges. This is probably the most apparent difference between the two.

This is the gap on the bottom left hand side after *shoving* the Touchpad to the upper right within the case. It looks worse than it is. When it's naturally in the case, the gaps are less drastic and the Touchpad itself doesn't shifter around in the case. The silicone does a fairly good job clinging to the back of the tablet:

Gaps when the tablet is naturally in the case:

More in the next post....
  2.    #2  
    The cutouts match surprisingly well. Volume and charging port are good. Power is almost dead on. The headphone jack is a little awkward, where the smaller of the two cutouts match. Obviously, the speakers are blocked. Volume rocker:

Charging port:

Headphone jack. Notice how the actual port is slightly between the two holes. Would probably need to cut out a huge hole:

Power button:

Speaker side. No holes whatsoever:

Unlike some of the aftermarket leather cases, you can swipe to cards with the silicone case:

The screen protectors match the screen very well. The only issues are the corner and the front button. This shows how much the protector differs from the actual screen:

Button almost fits the width of the hole:

All in all, I didn't expect the Dexim case to fit perfectly but it did a good job given the $3 it cost. The Touchpad is slightly smaller than the case so my next post may be some modifications to the case itself to make it conform better (some silicone tape on the inside or something). I'm satisfied with the product until/if a Touchpad specific silicone case comes out. With a little bit of cutting and stuffing the gaps, the case might actually be the one I use all the time.
  3.    #3  
    I just ordered the Verizon folio case for the iPad that's gotten some good feedback. I'll post a review if anyone is interested.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Nice thanks!

I was thinking about going to a discount store like TJMaxx etc and picking one up. Just might do that for using around the house.

Of course it probably be best to stuff the corners, but so far have you had and issues or annoyance of the case slightly slipping off?
    The HP folio case is reduced to $19.99 at Office Depot and Walmart. Also remember the HP Folio case is TouchStone compatible! Charges with the case on. If you are planning on any iPad case, you will need to remove it if you wish to charge using theTouchStone.

Looks very nice though for a second option.
    Did you try the screen protector?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonavalon View Post
    Nice thanks!

I was thinking about going to a discount store like TJMaxx etc and picking one up. Just might do that for using around the house.

Of course it probably be best to stuff the corners, but so far have you had and issues or annoyance of the case slightly slipping off?
    It depends on how you hold it. I tend to hold the Touchpad like a book which causes it to drop within the case, leaving quite a bit of space on top which makes say, pushing the power button sloppy at best. Whenever I just pick up the Touchpad though, it doesn't slip out of the case though. Keep in mind silicone cases stretch. They are a decent, cheap option until I test out the Verizon case.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    The HP folio case is reduced to $19.99 at Office Depot and Walmart. Also remember the HP Folio case is TouchStone compatible! Charges with the case on. If you are planning on any iPad case, you will need to remove it if you wish to charge using theTouchStone.

Looks very nice though for a second option.
    I agree that a $20 HP folio is a good choice. I wasn't able to try the TouchStone since I don't have one. My primary concern with the HP folio is the fatigue/stretching issues some people have been noting.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Confiture View Post
    Did you try the screen protector?
    I will try it once my Verizon case comes. I hear it too comes with a screen protector. I'll post some pictures if it's successful. However, I'd suggest ordering a Touchpad specific protector since the home button cutout may be annoying for some. They're about $4 on eBay.
  10.    #10  
    My Technocel Verizon folio review is up at
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3105439