Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 391
Like Tree71Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    My suspicion is that the Touchpad is also looking for this specific pattern.
    I don't think so...

    I purchased a 6ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable from Monoprice.

    When I use it with the HP 110V wall wart that came with the TP, it charges fine. When I try it with the 2.0A Car Charger I received from Monoprice, it doesn't work at 100%...I get the dreaded error box that says "the connected charger isn't supplying enough power to charge the device"

    (I also tried the USB cable that came with the TP on the Car Charger, and it did not work)
  2. #62  
    Anyone torn apart a TouchPad charger yet and poked around with a multimeter? I suspect that any shorting or cross-connection of USB power and/or data lines is being done in the charger itself, not the USB cable. I seem to recall a similar issue when it came to powering the original TouchStone chargers for the phones - cables needed to be rewired for use with third-party chargers, to indicate high-current (1000mA vs. 500mA USB standard) capability to the device.

    --John
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I don't think so...

    I purchased a 6ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/28AWG Cable from Monoprice.

    When I use it with the HP 110V wall wart that came with the TP, it charges fine.
    As jbennett posted, the rewiring is very likely done in the charger itself, not the cable. This is how it has been done on a number of Android tablets.

    That said, there are some pass through adapters for Android tablets that purport to solve the issue. They provide the proper wiring pattern, no matter the charger. DealExtreme.com sells one, I've not tried it though.

    USB Power Adapter for Samsung P1000 - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

    Worse, I've absolutely no idea if the wiring pattern needed to allow an Android tablet to work with a generic high amperage charger is the same wiring pattern needed by the Touchpad.
    Last edited by Toasters; 09/14/2011 at 07:12 PM.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I found a USB power cable at New Egg that might work with this charger. It has two male USB plugs on one end and a micro USB on the other. I will post my test results once I receive it.
    The cable doesn't seem to work. It still charges, but I still get the error box that says "the connected charge isn't supplying enough power to charge the device"
  5. #65  
    Will this one work? It's a little cheaper at Buy.com (shipping included) but the specs are HERE.

    Joy Factory PowerBullet-X
    Low-profile 10W(2.1A) Rapid USB Car Charger with Automatic Surge Protection for iPad, iPhone, Blackberry and other Tablet and Smartphone

    Input: 12-24 VDC, Output: 5V 2100mA (2.1amps / 10W)
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Then again - the item you pointed out looks a lot like it has the same specs without the brand name.

    Is that why my iPhone charges so slow?
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 09/24/2011 at 09:15 AM.
  7. #67  
    Contrary to all the speculation in this thread, I can confirm a Bravo View Micro2.1B (2.1-amp Compact USB Car Charger) only outputted about 600mA charging to my Touchpad. Purchased in store at FRYS for $10. I'm considering returning it and trying the $20 SCOSCHE.

    To get real numbers I used Govnah to chart "Battery Current", positive (charging) or negative (discharging). Turn off the screen with Govnah running for about 15 sec then quickly unlock and check the current. My Touchpad drains around 600-800mA idle at 50% brightness.

    I don't have one, but has anyone tried using a Dual USB A to Micro B cable? I'm curious if the amperage will stack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tweak42; 09/24/2011 at 02:42 PM.
  8. #68  
    Has anyone tried the "GTMax Black USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter for HP TouchPad"?

    Amazon.com: GTMax Black USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter for HP TouchPad: BlueMall
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Has anyone tried the "GTMax Black USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter for HP TouchPad"?

    Amazon.com: GTMax Black USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter for HP TouchPad: BlueMall
    Very few floating around....
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by MUNOGABBAGABBA View Post
    No but this thing was made for it....
    Very few floating around....
    Where'd you find it, what's it rated at, does it work? Looks very much like a number of 1amp units I've seen such as this Belkin MicroCharge F8Z445ttP. Belkin also sells a similar looking Belkin Car Micro Charger F8Z689tt which is rated 2.1 AMP but unfortunately OOS right now.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak42 View Post
    I don't have one, but has anyone tried using a Dual USB A to Micro B cable? I'm curious if the amperage will stack.
    It does. Quite well too. Running off two USB3 ports on PC (these are specced higher than USB2 ports on power lines at 800mA) I can easily charge the TP in a few hours.
  12. #72  
    anyone try these dual usb chargers with one port for 2.1 amp and another for regular 1amp?

    Black 2A Dual USB Car Charger For iPad iPod iPhone 4G | eBay

    shanpalm61 likes this.
  13. #73  
    Car and Home 2 in 1 Combo Charger for the HP TouchPad - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology
    Will this charger actually work for the Touchpad. I don't understand their specs.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    Car and Home 2 in 1 Combo Charger for the HP TouchPad - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology
    Will this charger actually work for the Touchpad. I don't understand their specs.
    These guys are branding everything for touchpad...it won't work reliably as its only 1amp while tp requires 2amps.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder33625 View Post
    These guys are branding everything for touchpad...it won't work reliably as its only 1amp while tp requires 2amps.
    Thanks, that's what I was wondering about. Some of their products are listed on several sites such as xxxzon and there is never anything listed in voltage or amps.
    Thanks again!
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Has anyone tried the "GTMax Black USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter for HP TouchPad"?

    Amazon.com: GTMax Black USB Car Charger Vehicle Power Adapter for HP TouchPad: BlueMall
    I'll tell you next week, Have ordered one today.

    ------- EDIT-------

    Crap, since ordering, a review has appeared stating that it doesn't work as advertised.
    Last edited by pTeronaut; 09/25/2011 at 08:55 PM.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by tweak42 View Post
    Contrary to all the speculation in this thread, I can confirm a Bravo View Micro2.1B (2.1-amp Compact USB Car Charger) only outputted about 600mA charging to my Touchpad. Purchased in store at FRYS for $10. I'm considering returning it and trying the $20 SCOSCHE.

    To get real numbers I used Govnah to chart "Battery Current", positive (charging) or negative (discharging). Turn off the screen with Govnah running for about 15 sec then quickly unlock and check the current. My Touchpad drains around 600-800mA idle at 50% brightness.

    I don't have one, but has anyone tried using a Dual USB A to Micro B cable? I'm curious if the amperage will stack.
    I have a cable I picked up from NewEgg. It has two male USB plugs on one end and a micro USB on the other.

    I tried it using Govnah multiple times with
    - the black USB plugged in
    - the red USB plugged in
    - both the red and black USB plugged in

    It didn't seem to make any difference when I used it the 2.0A 12V adapter I got at monoprice (note: each port is limited to 1A). I was getting from 633 to 813 MA, at 50% light and no WiFi using the technique described above.
  18. #78  
    reVIVE II - Dual USB Car Charger for iPad
    Walmart has this listed al well.
    Comments please!
    Thanks..
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    reVIVE II - Dual USB Car Charger for iPad
    Walmart has this listed al well.
    Comments please!
    Thanks..
    It looks expensive!

    My official HP wall adapter states OUTPUT 5.3V 2.0A right on it. Why is everyone looking at 2.1A adapters.
    I've got a 10 year old Jensen 160 Watt power inverter I just leave in the car. It charges the TP with the HP plug in adapter without problem or the alert box.
    This is overkill
    Walmart.com: XO Vision DC to AC 300W Power Inverter: Auto Electronics
    but they make them even cheaper, and you can plug other things into it.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    It looks expensive!

    My official HP wall adapter states OUTPUT 5.3V 2.0A right on it. Why is everyone looking at 2.1A adapters.
    I've got a 10 year old Jensen 160 Watt power inverter I just leave in the car. It charges the TP with the HP plug in adapter without problem or the alert box.
    This is overkill
    Walmart.com: XO Vision DC to AC 300W Power Inverter: Auto Electronics
    but they make them even cheaper, and you can plug other things into it.
    2.1A is what the iPad is speced for thus many of the manufactures use that as a baseline. Unfortunately there seems to be something proprietary or at least different in the way iPad & Touchpads identify the max output of an adapter. It looks like the only guaranteed way to charge at 2.0A is use an AC inverter.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions