Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    I can say my local stores have updated stock since I checked yesterday. Still one showing the TS as limited stock, thinking I might go by on my lunch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I grabbed the last case and bt keyboard thx for the heads up
    So yesterday I was one of the first to get the store to price match the touchpad case for 19.99 in store and today I went back for the last touchstone they had in stock.

The reason i went back is because I found an Office Max coupon for $10 off $40 that Office Depot would accept. So what I wound up doing was going in the store and finding the cheapest item I could find (a pack of erasers for 1 cent) to put my total to $40 from $39.99.

They then applied the coupon to the order which made the erasers free and the touchstone $29.99. So my grand total today was $32 after tax.

To recap:
    HP case retail: $50
    I paid: $20
    Savings of $30

Touchstone retail: $80
    I paid: $30
    Savings of $50

So all in all I spent $50 for both and saved $80!

Thanks, Office Depot!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedPirate View Post
    So yesterday I was one of the first to get the store to price match the touchpad case for 19.99 in store and today I went back for the last touchstone they had in stock.

The reason i went back is because I found an Office Max coupon for $10 off $40 that Office Depot would accept. So what I wound up doing was going in the store and finding the cheapest item I could find (a pack of erasers for 1 cent) to put my total to $40 from $39.99.

They then applied the coupon to the order which made the erasers free and the touchstone $29.99. So my grand total today was $32 after tax.

To recap:
    HP case retail: $50
    I paid: $20
    Savings of $30

Touchstone retail: $80
    I paid: $30
    Savings of $50

So all in all I spent $50 for both and saved $80!

Thanks, Office Depot!
    Technically, if the TS came to 29.99, the erasers still cost .01 .... or the erasers were free and the TS was 30.00
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Technically, if the TS came to 29.99, the erasers still cost .01 .... or the erasers were free and the TS was 30.00
    I stand corrected. I just looked at the receipt. The erasers were free and I paid $30 even for the touchstone hahaha.

:-P
    Good deal though, where'd you find the office max coupon? Think I might just shoot out to office depot today.
    Here ya go:
    Office Max Printable Coupon: $10 off $40 (Including Technology Items)

Look in the pen and pencil section for the erasers. If they are sold out of those, look at the displays in the middle of the aisles. I couldn't find them on the shelf, but they had a ton on a display in the aisle.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks Reformed Pirate! I just picked up all 3 items from my Office Depot but they wouldn't take my $20 off $100 because it was on technology items. I'll go back on my way home from work and try to get them to price match for me. I'll take $10. Thanks again!
    No problem! Hope it works out for you!
    Had to go to 3 different stores but ended up with a spare charger, keyboard and touchstone. All I need now is a case - have a line on one for tomorrow. Pretty amazing to get the 32gig pad and all accessories for significantly less than just the pad 2 weeks ago.
    I had bought the TouchStone on Sunday from Office Depot for $79 and went in last night and they did the price match for $39. I took in a print out of the Best Buy price online for $39 and at first the woman tries to tell me they don't price match online. I had printed their price match policy and handed it to her and she got all flustered. Then they started to say it might not be the same product so I went to my car to get the box and when I came back in they were huddled around the computer screen and turns out it was $39 at Office Depot anyway! Bottom line, got $40 back. Unfortunately my TP case was already on the way from Amazon (I think $36 with shipping?) so probably won't worry about over payment (grrrrrrr). Does Amazon do any type of price match after it has shipped?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Just FYI...my local Staples price matched Office Depot's case price. Was tempted to pull the trigger on the TouchStone (also price-matched), but couldn't bring myself to do it.

- Chris
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234