Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    i love office depot...i purchased the case at full retail from there yesterday(while having one on order for $26.99)...plan was to return the one from amazon to office depot when it came in....since it is now on sale i just went in and did a price adjustment...gave me $32 and change refund...just canceled my amazon order.......awesomeness!
    Hi all

Well, I went to the web-site, printed out the info for each component (TS @ $39.99, Cover @ $19.99 and KBD @ $29.99), where it clearly stated that these were ONLY available at the physical stores.

I went to my local Office Depot, and was told: "No, we have not received authorization to sell at those prices, and if we do, it will show up as a loss for us".

No matter what I told them, they would not budge.

They said if I bought the items, and the price drop came through, I could come back and get a refund for the diff's.

I hated doing so, but that's just what I did... mostly because it was the very last of each of the accessories they had in stock.

Just seemed like total BS that the Web-site says X, and they don't "work that way"!

russ
    Attention:

There are no Office Depot stores within 100 miles of your entered search criteria. Please try again.
    Ugh, I need a deal on a Touchstone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    I went to the web-site, printed out the info for each component (TS @ $39.99, Cover @ $19.99 and KBD @ $29.99), where it clearly stated that these were ONLY available at the physical stores.

I went to my local Office Depot, and was told: "No, we have not received authorization to sell at those prices, and if we do, it will show up as a loss for us".

I did the same thing, but I printed it out when they still had availability online (in hindsight, I should have just ordered online - but I was tired of this OOS BS going on with the TouchPad).

I was told the price was "online only" and they even tried to tell me that they wouldn't have to price match even if the price did come down in stores.

I'm on the phone with OD.com and they called up the store and apparently chewed them out for not honoring the price. Still up in the air whether they will give me the price, but I was encouraged to go back right away and try.

In contrast, when I bought my full-price TouchPad from OD, and brought the receipt in after the markdown they honored the price without any questions. The whole process took all of 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Hi all

Well, I went to the web-site, printed out the info for each component (TS @ $39.99, Cover @ $19.99 and KBD @ $29.99), where it clearly stated that these were ONLY available at the physical stores.

They said if I bought the items, and the price drop came through, I could come back and get a refund for the diff's.

I hated doing so, but that's just what I did... mostly because it was the very last of each of the accessories they had in stock.

Just seemed like total BS that the Web-site says X, and they don't "work that way"!

russ
    I was told the same thing about an hour ago, come back tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie View Post
    I was told the same thing about an hour ago, come back tomorrow.
    dont give it....per their policy they will price match

What if the OfficeDepot.com price is lower than its price in store?
    If you find a lower price on a new, identical item on our website, Office Supplies: Office Products & Office Furniture at Office Depot, show us a screen shot either at the time you are ready to buy it or within 14 days of your in-store purchase, we will match the price. Our stores will not match prices from our catalogs, web-only specials, or prices offered to our contract customers.

Office Supplies, Furniture, Technology at Office Depot
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i just got back from the office depot in michigan city indiana. i took my touchpad in with the website loaded and they matched it with no trouble at all. i got the hp case and touchstone. case was 19.99 and touchstone was 39.99. i would point out that the site says in store only not out of stock or anything they can argue about. the case is ok and i can confirm now that it does charge with the case on as others have said.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I just got the last case and two touchstones at the od in Hattiesburg. Just showed them the web on my iphone and matched, no problem.
  9. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Got two touchstones and a keyboard.. all cases were sold out grrr.

I just had them pull up the website and they price matched asap.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just went to the store and grabbed the TS and KB for 31.00 and 29.00 respect...told the guy he checked on his computer and bingo.... price were match. they didn't have the cover though... but thats ok
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i just went to the store and grabbed one TS and a KB for 39.00 and 29.00 respectively, talked to the salesperson he checked on his computer and bingo..... prices were matched but didnt have the cover but that's ok...
    thanks for this post earlier. Made a quick order while at work. Finally I'll have a TS at work and home, and one for my new HP TOUCHPAD as well
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Nice thanks for the heads up!

Hope they are honoring the price at my store tomorrow, I'll def pick up a keyboard for $29. Good thing it says "Prices effective through 12/31/2011". Should have extra time to get the charging dock and case.
    I just hope they sell it again. When HP dumped the Touchpad, I went and returned it and they only gave me store credit. Then when the firesale hit I went to buy two back, but none of the Office Depot stores in town had it anymore. Now I'm stuck with Office Depot credit since I don't buy at Office Depot. Only for the Touchpad did I go there, and now they're gone.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    i guess office depot is the cheapest! says sold only in stores, guess i will wait until my touchpad arrrives to purchase

Is the foliostand worth buying?
    Can we return web orders back to the store once the item is received? i.e. I didn't want the keyboard or case but will keep the touchstone - I am debating on swapping them out for a refund and getting something else..
    thanx precentral! After seeing this thread. I called my local ODepo to see what they had. The store i called said they had the kb. Well I hauled as$ clear across town to get it. Once I was there. I just told the rep about the site discounts. He actually looked it up on one of the display comps and honored the price no problem. I mentioned the other stuff I wanted and he didn't hesitate to look up what stores had them. Just my luck that the other store in the neighboring town, had 1 case and 1 dock left. The rep said hold them for "David," that is I, hes on the way to get em. Once I got there. The rep had the dock set aside for me but unfortunately could not find the case. We both tried looking again but to no avail. Needless to say, great experience at odepo and thanx once again to the precentral for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I printed the guarantee and the screen shot like a poster mentioned above and went back to the store that told me "no way" earlier. They honored it right away. Good looking out.

The only thing is they were the last case and charger and were opened. I hope they work right when the touchpad gets here next week

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    I was told last nite to come back today and was turned away again. Screw em.
    Hmm website still shows my two local stores as having some "in stock" (as opposed to "limited availability"). Guess I'll go back today. I thought it was kind of weird that there was exactly one of each accessory on the shelves when I bought them yesterday. Must be putting only one out at a time.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast