Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nosepicker
  • 1 Post By wheezy
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I just picked up a hp touchpad screen protector from xoskins. I have had their skin on my phone for over a year and they are undoubtedly the best. They do not have an orange peel texture like others nor do they feel rubbery. It also does a great job hiding fingerprints and won't turn yellow on you. Hopefully it gets here soon. I just got the touchpad last night and really don't wanna scratch it. Especially since they are now eol.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
  2.    #2  
    My XO Skins got here. I will install it tonight and let you guys know how well it fits etc.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Just ordered one. Hope it gets here soon thanks. I didnt know they had one for it yet
  4.    #4  
    @Wheezy, no problem. The fit is great and it is crystal clear. Shipping was fast too. I steamed up my bathroom before installing it to keep the dust out of the air. I have heard it multiple places so it must work. My touchpad is dust and fingerprint free.
    I always steam up the bathroom before applying these skins.

It doesn't feel rubbery? Is it adhesive or one of those that you spray the device first?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    You spray the skin first and stick it on. Here is a video I found on installing it

Its for the ipad but its no different
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    How does it cover the corners/sides? Full wrap?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I got the screen only. Not sure if they have a back or sides one. I never get those anymore I have had them from 2 companies and the screen / case combo always works the best. That way if you drop it, its still safe.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    What is orange peel?
  10. LuD
    Orange peel is more of a texture, typically has ripples in it.

I would like to see some pics or videos of this on the HP TouchPad. I'm going to rip off my full body Zagg and get something else.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I bought mine on eBay. It's called x-treme guard. I paid $9.80, free shipping. They have it on sale now for $3.45. You have to use soapy water to apply it, so I imagine it's the same type of product. I got the screen cover only, as I also use a case. It's the best screen protector I've used. I'm buying it for my phone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    I bought mine on eBay. It's called x-treme guard. I paid $9.80, free shipping. They have it on sale now for $3.45. You have to use soapy water to apply it, so I imagine it's the same type of product. I got the screen cover only, as I also use a case. It's the best screen protector I've used. I'm buying it for my phone now.
    Could you post the link please?

Do you know which screen protector has the slickest surface for gestures?
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Could you post the link please?

Do you know which screen protector has the slickest surface for gestures?

Here's the link: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I don't know about others, but this is pretty slick. No problems with gestures. It's a bit of a pain to install, but if you follow the instructions carefully, you should have no problems.
    The link didn't copy right. It must be some kind of forum rule. The seller's name is 'xtreme_guard'. They're located in the US and have a high feedback percentage and they're a 'top-rated seller'. Do a search in eBay and you'll find them.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    link worked for me. they even had this comparison chart (of course their was apparently far superior according to them lol ) http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/ezguardz...ting_final.jpg
    back up to $9.95. Sale ended 9/26 according to the revisions link on the webpage.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    http://xoskins.com/blog/wp-content/u...To-Compare.jpg

I've been using xo for a while. Here is a pic from their blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    back up to $9.95. Sale ended 9/26 according to the revisions link on the webpage.
    Skinomi Clearance
    New Arrivals - Skinomi TechSkin™ for HP TouchPad

Use code GET25 for extra 25% off.

Example ......
    HP TouchPad Carbon Fiber Skin Protector + Screen Protector
    $12.71 + tax ..... free shipping
  20.    #20  
    What does everyone clean there's with? I ran out of the spray