1.    #1  
    Okay, so I bought a Touchpad (3 actually) during the great HP Fire Sale of 2011. I've updated to 3.0.2 now.

I paired the unit with a Rockfish RF-MAB2 bluetooth headset. I can hear system sounds, can hear audio from the web browser (Hulu, Youtube) but I can't seem to hear audio from any radio streaming apps like Tune-In or iHeartRadio.

I would assume that the system controls audio functions... does an app have to support audio over BT to work????

Thanks!
    Sorry, no answer to your question. Just wanted to state that I have the same problem with TuneIn. The music player works, sounds from the browser are working, system sounds,...etc.

But TuneIn is picky. I've managed to get it working after the first reboot after pairing my device. Since then with no luck anymore.
  3.    #3  
    Well, at least I know I'm not alone! lol
    just chatted with support. Apparently a very small compatibility list:

Palm Support : Bluetooth devices that are compatible with Palm Pre 2 phones
    I had to set up my Bluetooth device as connecting to a computer instead of a phone. Odd part is the icon for doing so is not eve listed in the instructions.

The devise is a Samsung MW600.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post

so the list for the Pre 2 is the same for the TP?
  7.    #7  
    I don't think that list from HP support applies to this issue. The devices are plainly paired and work fine with numerous other audio apps.
    I don't think that it is a hardware compatibility problem also. Pairing either works or works not.

To me it appears like there are designated output channels for audio and depending on the software the one or the other is used.

After pairing my TouchPad with a Logitech Bluetooth adapter connected to my HiFi set sounds from YouTube Videos (Flash in general), MP3s from the music player, Games like Angry Birds HD or Glyder 2 HD are played through that Bluetooth adapter. System sounds and in particular radio from TuneIn are not. While System Sounds are played on the TouchPad internal speakers (which is a good thing IMHO), only TuneIn radio does not play anything as long as BlueTooth is enabled.

As a workaround I've installed the internet radio application radio.de (also contains international station, though I am not sure whether this app is localized to other languages than German). This app works perfectly as expected with bluetooth.

Therefore I believe that this is a particular problem in the TuneIn app.
    My Sony Ericsson MW600 works perfectly. It even displays the titles of
    songs (SE Xperia X10 didn't).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Siem; 09/12/2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Pairing pict
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post

VERY SMALL is an understament Ive seen longer list on veggies that kids will eat...wow
    L.T.R
    learn teach repeat
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siem View Post
    My Sony Ericsson MW600 works perfectly. It even displays the titles of
    songs (SE Xperia X10 didn't).
    can you tell me the range of the sony headset and touchpad connection, like how far can you walk away before the audio starts to cut out.
    Not sure If this is the correct place but I have a Plantronics BUA-200 Bluetooth headset for my phone and I can pair it with the Touchpad but I cannot hear any sounds out of it (either in the browser or when I play a movie.
    Sound only comes out of the Touchpad speakers and I want to ONLY hear sound out of the the Bluetooth earpiece..(for example..on a plane)
    Is there some config that has to change to get it to ONLY play out of the earpiece..??
    Thanks in advance
    (Greenhorn Touchpad user)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    If you want a good pair of stereo headphones that also have a mic (awesome for phone calls skype on TP), check out the Sony DRBT50's. Paired right up with my G4 TP, Veer and Pre3.

DR-BT50 | Stereo Bluetooth® Headset | Sony | Sony Store USA
    tunein doesnot work with my satechi bluetooth as well. Everything else works fine with bt