Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhoff80
  1.    #1  
    Doesn't really make sense to keep charging $64 for a Touchstone for a device that now costs $99... Surely they are next to go. Right?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    im hoping so because thats the next thing im going to get is a touchstone and a bt keyboard.
    I hope so, I'd like to get some money back from Amazon (Touchstone and Case) and HP (Keyboard), but I highly doubt it.

I mean there's probably a smaller supply of that stuff than there is the actual Touchpad, plus they just sold a ton of Touchpads, so demand for the accessories is probably high.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Best deal is to use HP EPP get the touchstone, case, and keyboard for 113.97 with code couponpal30

Came to $123 shipped for me after tax.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I really don't foresee the accessories getting dropped in price right away...the upside is if you order today they have a 21 day exchange return policy active so if they do firesale them you can get the price matched.
    To be honest, I'm considering returning the keyboard anyway, but still.

It would be horrible if used on any non-webOS device, and sine there aren't going to be more webOS devices made, I might be better off sticking with my more universal folding Bluetooth keyboard.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    To be honest, I'm considering returning the keyboard anyway, but still.

It would be horrible if used on any non-webOS device, and sine there aren't going to be more webOS devices made, I might be better off sticking with my more universal folding Bluetooth keyboard.
    Do the webOS specific buttons provide decent added functionality?
    Quote Originally Posted by herk_fe View Post
    Do the webOS specific buttons provide decent added functionality?
    I posted a longer post about this in the accessories forum, but while they're nice to have, the specific buttons are nothing special.

The "Symbol" button just is weird, it makes the keys act like you're holding down the option key on a Pre, without any marking to show what the symbol that will show up is.

On a standard keyboard, the Windows key acts as the cards view button, and the Esc key works as the notifications button, so you have the basics covered.

If you want to change brightness or volume or switch tracks in the music player a bunch from the keyboard, the functionality is nice, but nothing that's a must-have.

And like I said, since webOS devices are done with, keep in mind that there's no Alt key on the keyboard, so it'd be pretty difficult to use with a lot of other operating systems.
    Herk_FE likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by herk_fe View Post
    Best deal is to use HP EPP get the touchstone, case, and keyboard for 113.97 with code couponpal30

Came to $123 shipped for me after tax.
    Heck no, that's almost what I paid for a 32GB Touchpad. I'm thinking back to the days when Verizon and Radio Shack were selling Palm accessories for $3 to $7. My distributors still show a total of about 3000 Touchpad Touchstones they are sitting on, so hopefully they will be shipping those back to HP along with their unsold Touchpads for a future fire sale.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    yea i really want a chaep touchstone for my new touchpad...and one for my pre if i can find one >.<
    I don't think there will be any fire sale on accessories. Lets just say the touchstone averages around 70 and the HP case around 35. They probably cost next to nothing to make and that is a lot of profit for new touchpad users. Who wouldn't buy those if they got a tablet a 99.00. I saw a POS Colby tablet a CVS for 99.00 with 1 gig of ram!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.