Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. AAA
    So the TouchPad is at $99 for a 16gb version, yet the touchstone and bluetooth keyboard continue to sell for more than half of that. Just a thought as I've wanted to purchase a touchstone but couldn't warrant spending the ~$70.
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    Future Shop appears to be selling them at 50% off. YMMV.
    But that's in Canada...

Grumble.
  4. AAA
    Yup, I'm seeing $70 for the touchstone here in the United States.
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    HP website has them for 63.99 free shipping. Gonna pick a few up for my 4 new touchpads this morning..
  6. AAA
    The cheapest online is still $55 :\
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    Sam's club has the Touchstone for 54.86

HP Touchstone Charging Dock for Touchpad - Sam's Club

I'd be surprised if the pricing doesn't go down in the next week or so. Keep in mind though that now that there are about a million touch pads in the wild there is a slight market for the accessories. Retailers might want to try and capitalize on the new owners before reducing the prices.
    They will come down eventually, but for right now there are a ton of new HP Touchpad users with a lot more money in their pockets, from a business perspective its a poor decision to mark those down now as well.
  9. AAA
    I agree, I'm just hopeful that someone will take initiative and lower their price soon.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    They're not going to clearance mark them for a while longer. The margin on accessories is going to let them at least make up a little more of the loss.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Patience. Look at prices of the Palm touchstones for an idea of what will happen to TP accessories.
    the pre didn't have a firesale and have millions of views in 2 seperate threads, over 1 night on sd.

i think HP prolly has significantly less accessories in stock and will probably sell out with people buying them at full price. maybe some non reseller will sell em cheap, but i dont see HP doing it

wait half a year, theyll be dirt cheap i agree....but who cares about half a year from today.
  13. AAA
    I assume they're shutting down production of the accessories as well, so I may be running out of time to get one?!
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    I was told some Future Shops already doing in-store half off for all TP accessories.

Going to score myself a Touchstone dock if they still exist...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Thanks for the tip Toni. Personally I think you guys already got a smoking deal on the TouchPad so I don't feel much sympathy regarding the accessory pricing. I bought everything on launch day $549 for the 32 plus ts and keyboard and case. They are worth the money even though the TouchPad is down in $
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16. AAA
    I originally bought a touchpad at $349 and then was able to get refunded down to $99. Lucky me.
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Future Shop appears to be selling them at 50% off. YMMV.
    where the hell do you see that?
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  18. AAA
    It's Canada only as well as YMMV lol.
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad
    Canada isnt a problem. Though went to 3 yesterday (first was to get my touchpad reduced from 550 to 150 which they actually did despite buying it a month ago (31 days)) and second was to see if any had deals on the touchstone/keyboard or would give me a deal on them.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just a heads up for all you people complaining that you paid $500+ for the touchpad etc HP has already announced multiple times that they will refund you the difference clear back to launch day purchases. They will literally write you a check for the difference in cost that you paid vs firesale pricing so there's no reason to whine about what you paid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast