Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Ilmater's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #1  
    Clarivue screen protectors are the best you'll find anywhere. Please read to allow me to make my case to get you to take 2 minutes of your time.

    I own an EVO - the most popular Android phone to date - and nearly every conceivable manufacturer of phone accessories makes an EVO accessory. With that in mind, after scouring reviews for a long time I found that Clarivue consistently got rated the highest BY USERS. I have since bought nothing but Clarivue (it has saved my screen several times) and I want the same kind of protection for our TouchPads.

    Their anti-glare screens have a slightly matte finish that is great for preventing fingerprints and I love that your fingers glide over it. PERFECT for an OS that involves SWIPING. Their Ultra Clear screens are like not having a screen at all. They're as close to glass-feeling as you'll find. I won't speak to mirror or privacy because I haven't owned them, but I doubt they would disappoint. It goes without saying that they don't leave any residue... because there's no way in hell I'd recommend a screen protector that sticks on with any kind of glue.

    Please, please, please, webOS community, send a quick email to sales@clarivue.com and request their support of the TouchPad. They'll even sign you up to be notified when it is released (and you will NEVER get a sales e-mail from them, at least I never have). Head to Clarivue.com and check out their comparison chart if you're not already sold. I can't imagine buying one of those god-awful screens from Best Buy that feel like styrofoam. How is my finger supposed to glide over that crap?!?!
  2. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #2  
    Email sent.
  3. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #3  
    Received today:

    Hello Gabriel,

    Thank you for writing to us.

    The estimated launch date for the HP Touchpad Screen Protector is next Friday, 26/8/2011.

    If you have more questions or comments regarding our products and services, feel free to contact us.

    Best Regards,

    Alex
    Clarivue.com
  4. #4  
    WOOHOO! YES!

    To everyone else on the site - especially those who grabbed a TP in the fire sale - these are the best screen protectors you'll find, period.

    Thanks for the help!
  5. #5  
    Won't the ipad version work? If not, why?
  6. #6  
    Why would you need a screen protector? Its not like you're gonna be carrying it around in your pocket with your keys. Do you have a screen protector for your laptop too?

    I think your money would be better spent on a good case for it.
  7. Cohens's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #7  
    I don't have a habit of rubbing my dirt and filth covered fingers all over my laptop screen. I do however tend to do that with touchscreen devices, weird I know... Gorilla glass despite being virtually shatterproof does wear out from common use just like any other glass in their CES example they even showed what sandblasting it did as a demonstration of "heavy use by users" after being sandblasted it looked just like every other piece type of plastic and glass did after sandblasting but it was still considerably harder to break. So despite being more scratch resistant than regular screens gorilla glass does still scratch especially after continuous use... this and the anti-glare offered is the main reason people get screen protectors.
  8. #8  
    Call me crazy but I don't feel like sandblasting something is an equivalent comparison to a year or so of tapping with my fingertips.

    Anti-glare is a good point though, this screen is super glossy.
  9. Xadion's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    #9  
    what screen protectors on tablets are good for are...


    accidents

    and lessening fingerprints etc that's the biggest reason I may get one, I noticed a huge difference on my Pre 2's glass once I put stealth sheildz on it.
  10. #10  
    Sent an email!
  11. #11  
    Sent an email also!
  12. #12  
    Guys, you don't have to send an e-mail any more. They're available!
  13. #13  
    i had sent an email too and then went on the site to see they were shipping, woooo
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopyfist View Post
    Why would you need a screen protector? Its not like you're gonna be carrying it around in your pocket with your keys. Do you have a screen protector for your laptop too?

    I think your money would be better spent on a good case for it.
    Is your laptop touchscreen?
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  15. ericlf's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohens View Post
    I don't have a habit of rubbing my dirt and filth covered fingers all over my laptop screen. I do however tend to do that with touchscreen devices, weird I know... Gorilla glass despite being virtually shatterproof does wear out from common use just like any other glass in their CES example they even showed what sandblasting it did as a demonstration of "heavy use by users" after being sandblasted it looked just like every other piece type of plastic and glass did after sandblasting but it was still considerably harder to break. So despite being more scratch resistant than regular screens gorilla glass does still scratch especially after continuous use... this and the anti-glare offered is the main reason people get screen protectors.
    Since purchased on Sunday, my kids have put a one inch scratch on the screen. They claim that they do not know how it got there, but Gorilla glass scratches. They paid for the TP, so hopefully it will be a lesson in being more careful with their things.
  16. Tarzanman's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #16  
    Your kids lie.

    Screen protectors don't do squat to protect the screen. A few mils of polyethylene plastic won't do much about any objects that exert enough pressure to scratch hardened glass.
    ericlf likes this.
  17. eszklar's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #17  
    I'm using a ZAGG screen protector on my TP. Second thing I bought for it. Bought the HP case as well on sale. Now I'm comfortable taking the TP on the road with me. Just my $0.02.
  18. #18  
    anyone brought an anti glare one yet


    how good it it? and is it harder to read text on the tp screen?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
    Your kids lie.

    Screen protectors don't do squat to protect the screen. A few mils of polyethylene plastic won't do much about any objects that exert enough pressure to scratch hardened glass.
    Um... wrong? I can't tell you how many scratches I've avoided on my EVO because of the screen. Items that scratched the screen protector but not the glass underneath. The first two that come to mind: 1) I had a pair of fingernail clippers in my hand with my EVO, and when shifting them around, the back of the clippers scratched the protector. Screen is flawless, but the protector was scratched. 2) I set my phone on a radiator and had it on vibrate. It was knocked off the radiator and the corner of the radiator scratched nearly the entire length of the screen of my phone. Again, protector scratched, phone perfect.

    I'm more concerned about the very tiny scratches simply rubbing a dusty finger over the screen will produce over time. I want to avoid those, and screen protectors do that well.

    Note: I ALWAYS have my phone in its own pocket. I never put change, keys, etc. in the same pocket as my phone.
  20. #20  
    Had Zagg screen protector on mine for few days but just removed and returned to BB. I found it reduced screen sensitivity and made swiping difficult (due to stickyness of the material). I'm sure it does a good job protecting the screen from scratches but for me I'm ok without it. It's not a phone you put in your pocket. I got the HP case and it's enough for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions