Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is something I found from the Targus website:

Targus Truss Case for HP® TouchPad | THZ07202US

As I seen, and tried for about a month now (demo model as I work for a company with relations). This is a great case, slim yet fashionable. The leather is definitely durable, and the gray fiber is the soft microfiber type material.

One plus to the case not mentioned is that the HP Touchstone Charging Dock will work with this case, WITHOUT having to remove it from the case. The bottom, though not shown properly on the site, does have cutouts for the speakers. Also not shown properly in the pics is the fact that the power button is accessible and not covered up. The only button with somewhat of an issue is the strap does cover the Volume Up button a bit...hasnt been an issue for me yet as it does not force the button down in any fashion.

One nice thing about hte bottom of the case is the harder leather giving some protection to some who have had case cracking issues, me included. Once I put this case on my replacement it hasnt been an issue...knock on wood.

It is a bit more expensive, but not much more then HP's model and it offers much more protection without losing the ability to charge your pad on the Touchstone in either portrait or landscape mode.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    nice! do you have any info when it might be available for retail?
  3.    #3  
    Not sure at the moment, but will see what I can find out today.

UPDATE: Not going to be available for retail yet, and couldn't give me a date. They did mention that HP has some stock, though not on the website for some reason, so might be able to call their business department and give them a model number to see if they have any. Kinda dissappointed that it is not available on the Targus site yet, this is an awesome case!
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 08/15/2011 at 11:03 AM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    That one looks awesome! I've been waiting for something like this one!
    Nice looking case... wish there was a side shot of it and it were a few bucks less.
    Pics so you don't have to hit the website! I can't wait to get my hands on these. We've been waiting for a good case to come around. My department has 3 Touchpads that we'll hopefully be ordering these for. I can't justify ordering the official case because of the warping, and one person I know ordered an ipad1 case that worked, but this will be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    more details on Targus' site:
    Targus Case

and it's $48 on ebay with free shipping.
    Doesn't look too gesture friendly.
    Yeah that swipe-up gesture might be pretty hard at that orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah that swipe-up gesture might be pretty hard at that orientation.
    Actually, if you look at it, there is a slight gap between the top of the leather and the top of the bezel. It should work fine if you put your finger right at the top of the leather, since it actually isn't detecting the bezel at all.

It's also available at buy.com (the ebay one mentioned above is just buy.com's ebay frontend) for $48.24 w/free shipping
    targus case
    Last edited by pezman726; 08/17/2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Do any of the HP coupons work with this in their store?
    DJeremyC,

does the case impede too much on the up-swipe from the bottom? It looks like it should be fine, as I said above...but you actually have one! Does it work well?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    DJeremyC,

does the case impede too much on the up-swipe from the bottom? It looks like it should be fine, as I said above...but you actually have one! Does it work well?
    the leather band at the bottom is ok to use with the gesture area. You have to basically roll your finger from the tip of the leather to the screen and up but I have not had much of a problem with this. Also this case is very similar to the iPad 1 case they have also except for the Touchstone Charging Dock capabilities and also there is not cutouts for the stereo speakers on the iPad 1 cases.

Overall I have been very impressed with this case, using it every day now for about a month.

Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    the leather band at the bottom is ok to use with the gesture area. You have to basically roll your finger from the tip of the leather to the screen and up but I have not had much of a problem with this. Also this case is very similar to the iPad 1 case they have also except for the Touchstone Charging Dock capabilities and also there is not cutouts for the stereo speakers on the iPad 1 cases.

Overall I have been very impressed with this case, using it every day now for about a month.

Is this case heavy? From the published spec, this case is 15.4 oz. (for reference, HP case is 7.8oz.

thanks
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Heavy's a relative term, but i'm fine with it being twice as heavy as the HP case as it looks to offer more protection on the sides and increased rigidity compared to the standard case. I bought both and will see which I prefer. Hell, maybe I'll write up a small comparison/review.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Heavy's a relative term, but i'm fine with it being twice as heavy as the HP case as it looks to offer more protection on the sides and increased rigidity compared to the standard case. I bought both and will see which I prefer. Hell, maybe I'll write up a small comparison/review.
    that would be great,thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Looks forward to your review. I lb case for 1.6 lb tablet is a little bit too much for me. I hope the spec is wrong. What kind of material can make a case 1 lb?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Is this case heavy? From the published spec, this case is 15.4 oz. (for reference, HP case is 7.8oz.

thanks
    I wanted a case with function and form. So this case is not as light as a trash bag, but offers much more protection.

overall this case for me allows for a way to have a case while being fairly thin is function as a stand without hindering any functionality of the pad itself. It also offers a way to charge it on the touchstone without having to remove the case, and offers more, much more protection against normal wear and tear then the HP flap case. Also as mentioned before, the bottom ledge that holds the speaker side has been awesome in providing added protection against putting stress on the thin areas where the speaker cutouts are in the pad. Just got my wife a pad, and will definitely be getting another one as soon as I can find one a bit cheaper...first one was a promotional item for me. Though is still worth the price it is at currently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast