Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I wanted a case with function and form. So this case is not as light as a trash bag, but offers much more protection.

overall this case for me allows for a way to have a case while being fairly thin is function as a stand without hindering any functionality of the pad itself. It also offers a way to charge it on the touchstone without having to remove the case, and offers more, much more protection against normal wear and tear then the HP flap case. Also as mentioned before, the bottom ledge that holds the speaker side has been awesome in providing added protection against putting stress on the thin areas where the speaker cutouts are in the pad. Just got my wife a pad, and will definitely be getting another one as soon as I can find one a bit cheaper...first one was a promotional item for me. Though is still worth the price it is at currently.
    Check out my link above $40 shipped. Best I could find.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Looks forward to your review. I lb case for 1.6 lb tablet is a little bit too much for me. I hope the spec is wrong. What kind of material can make a case 1 lb?
    FYI - just weighed and the case is 1 lb. It does add weight and bulk, but all as the benefit of protection.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    $25.87 here
    http://www.applied-computer.com/Inve...&Acpn=11189953

15$ shipping to NY though :/
    Quote Originally Posted by danzen View Post
    $25.87 here
    http://www.applied-computer.com/Inve...&Acpn=11189953

15$ shipping to NY though :/
    yea I also saw that particular vendor via google shopping. Shipping to Maryland was also $15 and I've bought a ton of stuff from buy.com before so...
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danzen View Post

Worse to CA

$25.87
    $16.93
    $2.00
    Order Total : $44.80
    nice! do you have any info when it might be available for retail?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just a heads up,this is $19.99 on HP small business
    Last edited by class01; 08/30/2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: wrong site
    The iPad version of this case is relatively cheap in the UK [$15] (no sign of the TP version anywhere). iPad version is a teal colour and only seems to have 2 slots when using as a stand.
    I'm curious as to how difficult it is to access or press the power button?
    $19.99 on HP Small & Medium Business right now.

HP: THZ07202US - Targus Truss Case for HP TouchPad - Leather - 9.84"L x 0.98"H x 7.87"W - Tablet cases

Just ordered - cost me $25 and some change with tax and shipping.
    Last edited by cschaaf; 08/30/2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Got a reservation code for a case at PC world Tonbridge Wells, only good for tonight, 19.99 give me a shot if any one wants the code as I can't get to Tonbridge tonight
    Can you even use this case to hold up the TouchPad in a vertical position? That's the only reason I haven't purchased it because it doesn't seem like it.
    Watch videos on amazon.com for Truss cases for other tablets, namely iPad. It shows them folding it back. I think it works. I just ordered one via HP SMB.
    It doesn't look like it will flip to hold the TP vertically.

Looks like you'd have to take the TP out of the holders to do that - which is probably what I will do if I want to have it stand vertically.

Since I plan on primarily using my TP to watch movies on the plane, I will be in horizontal mode 95% of the time.

Edited To Add:
    Check out the Amazon link below for the iPad version - scroll down to the chart. According to that, it won't rotate.

Amazon.com: Targus Truss Leather Carrying Case with Stand for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G THZ022US (Black/Turquoise Interior): Electronics
    Last edited by cschaaf; 08/30/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    The rotation is another model, which does not have the top ranked leather as in truss case.

Quote Originally Posted by cschaaf View Post
    It doesn't look like it will flip to hold the TP vertically.

Looks like you'd have to take the TP out of the holders to do that - which is probably what I will do if I want to have it stand vertically.

Since I plan on primarily using my TP to watch movies on the plane, I will be in horizontal mode 95% of the time.

Edited To Add:
    Check out the Amazon link below for the iPad version - scroll down to the chart. According to that, it won't rotate.

Amazon.com: Targus Truss Leather Carrying Case with Stand for Apple iPad 16GB, 32GB, 64GB WiFi and WiFi + 3G THZ022US (Black/Turquoise Interior): Electronics
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Thanks for the info on the speaker cutouts, that is what I was looking for. I've been looking at this case, but am concerned about the upswipe. I have the case that came from aarons, and the upswipe is hard to do because of the bezel covering, but the sides are all covered and I'm thinking offer more protection than this one. I'm only looking for a new case because of wanting to use the upswipe, and I don't want to put out another 20 bucks to only have the same thing I got for free.

Edit: do the speaker cut outs affect the sound at all? The case I currently have has cutouts, but they are in such a way that the speaker isn't inclosed practically at all, but the edges are still protected. I've been trying to decide between the targus and this one http://www.amazon.com/Acase-TouchPad...bosnation0e-20 The acase has cutouts similar to my arrons, but has a bezel cut out for upswipes and also looks like the end of the stand is raised so the speakers are not flush with whatever table its on, where it could potentially distort sound. The targus looks reeks quality tho...I like the look of it, plus it has a band to keep it closed.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 09/07/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12